Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Have you seen it since they got 400" of rain in 15 minutes?

We just got home and you had to ride above or below the pavers on most of the berms, it was pretty washed out.
Yes sir! Wowza. Rode Snowshoe last weekend, not sure what was my favorite part....
  1. Seeing the "Skyline" t-shirts and hoodies in the Bike Shop, undoubtedly marketed directly toward the people who come ride Skyline all day and miss 95% of the mountain, a'la the Ridgeline fanatics at Dupont State Forest... :popcorn:
  2. Almost detonating on said n00b trail because it's now a loose-rock infested chatter trail with small grade reversals (or were they previously jumps?) :panic:
  3. 100% detonating twice resulting in head strikes both times and the need for a new cranium bouncy thing....err....helmet. :imstupid:
  4. ROAD GAP :headbang:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Yes sir! Wowza. Rode Snowshoe last weekend, not sure what was my favorite part....
  1. Seeing the "Skyline" t-shirts and hoodies in the Bike Shop, undoubtedly marketed directly toward the people who come ride Skyline all day and miss 95% of the mountain, a'la the Ridgeline fanatics at Dupont State Forest... :popcorn:
  2. Almost detonating on said n00b trail because it's now a loose-rock infested chatter trail with small grade reversals (or were they previously jumps?) :panic:
  3. 100% detonating twice resulting in head strikes both times and the need for a new cranium bouncy thing....err....helmet. :imstupid:
  4. ROAD GAP :headbang:
Sounds like you were there same time as we were. That road gap is so fun now knowing you can send it at mach chicken and not have to worry about missing the landing or the corner below it!

If you saw a little guy (age 10 size 60lbs) on a Stumpjumper that was my son. Wife and I were on black V-10's.

Are you going to be there next weekend for the snowshoe race series? I think we are going to head down.

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Sounds like you were there same time as we were. That road gap is so fun now knowing you can send it at mach chicken and not have to worry about missing the landing or the corner below it!

If you saw a little guy (age 10 size 60lbs) on a Stumpjumper that was my son. Wife and I were on black V-10's.

Are you going to be there next weekend for the snowshoe race series? I think we are going to head down.

Nice man....nope not going to be there. Had a pretty hard crash, need to replace the lid and get my head game back! Didn't black out or lose any memory or anything, but pinballed down trail N on the final descent to the lift before we ended the day (doesn't it always happen like that).

Have fun at the race. If I was closer I'd love to come just watch.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Nice man....nope not going to be there. Had a pretty hard crash, need to replace the lid and get my head game back! Didn't black out or lose any memory or anything, but pinballed down trail N on the final descent to the lift before we ended the day (doesn't it always happen like that).

Have fun at the race. If I was closer I'd love to come just watch.
mmmmmm M, O, N, some of my favorite basin side trails. Sorry to hear about your crash!

Heal up and take care of your head, we all know the importance of that.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Start the ride with crappy beer, and this is what you get. Flats all over the place, everybody crashed at least twice and we had to rebuild a hub on the side of the road pedaling back to the top, in the dark. No actual riding pics because we barely even rode, just crashed and patched flats.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
really can't warm up to the basin side...maybe A or B...
playing on the other side of the hill though....:drool:
I'm in agreement. I like m o and dreamweaver and rebuke that's about it. But I'd rather run the western territory all day. Driving home from another fun trip currently

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Here I give you my sagging yello enderpo arse riding the unsageabru bros' formula in East coast roxx. You cannot see it but my fork is still black and my crabon rims are wicked wide.

enderpo_yello.png

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Fuck yeah !

That's huge, especially for being so small on a bigger bike. Kids got some stones.
Thanks.

For reference he's 10, weighs about 65lbs and the bike is a small stump jumper 26.

he rips it harder than his 24" grom fsr and says he likes it better.

Really impressed with his skill set this year compared to last.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Hard to find a picture of entirely me as I don't have any friends who would be riding with me to take pics, but this does technically have me in it (feet)...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I found a picture of Kidwoo in a Pinkbike article. Turns out woo is a closet XC racer. See him in middle? The plaid was a dead give-a-way...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No way, dude has gone all incognito now, rockin a Selleck 'stache and a new plaidless enduro hunting kit (notice the "W" on his shirt).

Something about the richie schley era and bike parks has made sure there will always be a place in my heart for the following combo

Stache
Sunglasses
Bowling Ball full face
camelback

The fat treadless tire of course being the modern addition that may be substituted for any one of the above.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Something about the richie schley era and bike parks has made sure there will always be a place in my heart for the following combo

Stache
Sunglasses
Bowling Ball full face
camelback

The fat treadless tire of course being the modern addition that may be substituted for any one of the above.

Once Vail runs a few more resorts out of business, I'm going to snatch one up for pennies on the dollar and recreate the nostalgia -

* Numerous fall line trails that will be rougher than the average NFL'ers neck acne. IMBA will provide special "unsustainable" signage.
* Rental fleet will consist of all manner of aggro rigs from yesteryear (e.g. Veeps, Bullits, Mk1 V10s, Demo 9s, ATXs, RM9s, etc...) equipped with only the finest components (Risse forks, Jr. Ts, dual crown Judys, Monsters, Shivers, Seismic hubs, Romic shocks Hayes Mags, Mag 30 rims, Maxxis Mobsters, etc...)
* No water or soda will be available. Only terrible American beer and Evan Williams.
* Rental body protection will consist of ill-fitting roost guards (most be worn on the outside of clothing) and Roach pads.
* Only food will be burnt brats (no buns) and spicy mustard.
* Strippers of average to poor quality located at various rest points throughout the mountain.
* Use of flare guns and fireworks will be strongly encouraged.
* Sleeved shirts will be strictly forbidden.
* Numerous OG cigarette machines will be present.
* No tables, just gaps...that's what the Mag30s are for.
* Bike lift cars will have special UV lamps pointed directly at the downtube.
* Riders with non-rental bikes ( :crazy: ) will be required to provide believable Linakge graphs for their bike and explain what they mean.

Once this concept wildly succeeds, I will sell it back to Vail for a staggering sum and start suing people from my corporate jet hot tub, ala @mtg.

I will post a kickstarter link shortly.

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Once Vail runs a few more resorts out of business, I'm going to snatch one up for pennies on the dollar and recreate the nostalgia -

* Numerous fall line trails that will be rougher than the average NFL'ers neck acne. IMBA will provide special "unsustainable" signage.
* Rental fleet will consist of all manner of aggro rigs from yesteryear (e.g. Veeps, Bullits, Mk1 V10s, Demo 9s, ATXs, RM9s, etc...) equipped with only the finest components (Risse forks, Jr. Ts, dual crown Judys, Monsters, Shivers, Seismic hubs, Romic shocks Hayes Mags, Mag 30 rims, Maxxis Mobsters, etc...)
* No water or soda will be available. Only terrible American beer and Evan Williams.
* Rental body protection will consist of ill-fitting roost guards (most be worn on the outside of clothing) and Roach pads.
* Strippers of average to poor quality located at various rest points throughout the mountain.
* Bike lift cars will have special UV lamps pointed directly at the downtube.
* Riders with non-rental bikes ( :crazy: ) will be required to provide believable Linakge graphs for their bike and explain what they mean.

Once this concept wildly succeeds, I will sell it back to Vail for a staggering sum and start suing people from my corporate jet hot tub, ala @mtg.

I will post a kickstarter link shortly.
i have strippers on retainer but they all are running low-grade fevers at the moment

also +1 for mag30's and busch Right

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dude, this describes you exactly.

There is a picture, some where, of you sitting in the parking lot of Beech cooking brats with Crocs no less that proves this.