Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thats the picture, but I guess I had embellished in my head. I have seen you cooking brats, drinking cheap bourbon, wearing Crocs and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Just not all that the same time unfortunately I guess. BTW, that ain't Beech parking lot cuz that a fancy paved parking lot. Must have been a Walmart.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Thats the picture, but I guess I had embellished in my head. I have seen you cooking brats, drinking cheap bourbon, wearing Crocs and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Just not all that the same time unfortunately I guess. BTW, that ain't Beech parking lot cuz that a fancy paved parking lot. Must have been a Walmart.
Pretty sure that is at Mountain Creek for the US Open circa 2007. The 'lope has a shitload moar grey hair now so you know that's vintage. :rofl:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
That is actually a former nickname that has fallen into disuse. Guess he hasn't revealed his tattoo from those bygone days...
silverback.jpg

Figured I'd add this bit of nostalgia. Massannutten at teh 'lope's 40th. Only the tell tale crock is pictured in the foreground (sadly, the primary subject is the aftermath of a stupendous race run on my part) but his fingerprints are all over this scene leaving little doubt as to the owner of said crock....

the nutt 2012.jpg

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Pretty sure that is at Mountain Creek for the US Open circa 2007. The 'lope has a shitload moar grey hair now so you know that's vintage. :rofl:

Ah, the 2007 US Open. One of my finer moments captured on film... check timestamp 1:10 for yours truly.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/18423/

I am pretty they won't let us into that campground ever again.

The US Open back in the day was Legendary.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
We had a pretty good crew down in West Virginia this weekend. Myself, my wife and my 11 year old son, along with a few others headed down to Snowshoe WV for the final race in the Snowshoe Gravity Series this weekend. They moved the race over to the "basin" side of the resort this weekend, and decided on two race courses with combined time. For those familiar we raced Dream weaver to B to J, and Dreamweaver to DD to D.

For the full album go here:
https://snowshoemountain.smugmug.com/Snowshoe-Gravity-Series-Race-3/

Some shots of the Michigan folks...

Doing my best to put some pedal strokes in and keep the bike on the ground through one of the flowy sections

One of our teammates navigating the chunder and tight turns.

My wife pumping and bumbling her way through the bumps

My 11 year old on his way to a 2nd place finish in the 17 and under category and a 2nd overall in the series. As always, he's on the gas pedaling through the finish.

My buddy spencer keeping it light and fast over the rocks and maintaining momentum as things flattened out.

Showing off my poor cornering technique

More of our group

John Leslie in one of the steeps, father of your current ProGRT series Champion Shane Leslie.

wife:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That entry to "B" is . . . awkward. Looks like your wife nailed it. One of my pedals was busy scraping the shit out of the back of my calf at right about that spot last time I was up there! Props on what sounds like a good season for the fam.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
That entry to "B" is . . . awkward. Looks like your wife nailed it. One of my pedals was busy scraping the shit out of the back of my calf at right about that spot last time I was up there! Props on what sounds like a good season for the fam.
The picture of her dropping in is actually DD.

I do however agree, the entrance to b as a race course was a tough corner for sure, I couldn't decide between going up high on the bank to the right and "berming" my way in, or taking the sam hill inside line over the rock and root on the far left, of course a ninja line avoiding the "s" curves in the chute that is the start of b developed just to the right of the trail and everyone was straightlining it.

Thanks, it was an awesome weekend. One more race at Platty in two weeks and I'm putting a bow on it, I haven't had a weekend at home since june.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not photos, per se, but here are two perspectives from my head of me riding this summer:

Skip to 9:45 or so in the second one for the fun trail, Longhorn.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Found some stuff laying around from the last few weeks.

Local pumping station (that is seriously what some people call it).
FullSizeRender.jpg

First trail "ride" a few weeks ago for this little monkey. She is very pumped about bikes and I can't wait for her to get a little bigger to where she can handle her bike a bit better.
IMG_3611.JPG

It appears this will be my winter "training" regime. Hauling my critter, food, drinks, around definitely puts some power in the legs. She has begun telling me when I'm going too slow, which is always appreciated.
FullSizeRender_1.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not photos, per se, but here are two perspectives from my head of me riding this summer:

Skip to 9:45 or so in the second one for the fun trail, Longhorn.
FAKE!!! Even heard both wheels leave the ground. Proves it! FAKE!

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
The over unders started flying around with my buddies years ago when he first started. 12 a-14 is where all the money is. He turns 12 in August so we'll start seeing payouts soon lol

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
randr-photo-1798836-3000px 3.png

1st stage of the Overmountain. Fairly large crash soon after this, shaken up and had another complete-off, with another near-off soon after that still racing this Stage.

...must have been the very pretty girl I was hoping to introduce myself to after the race.

Nah - I got lit up like an old Christmas Tree.