Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Some morning SF east bay single track and fire road tucking. First time taking the new Spitfire out to the local singletrack.

Holy rear brake line batman! Hope you have trimmed that down by now so every branch along doesn't try to high five it to non existence.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
It's a lot of fun. Moving to large bikes after 20 years on mediums has been a major revelation, so much less work to carry speed.
I have had exactly the same experience over the last few years. Went from M/L with old school short reach (like 420ish) to really long larges (475mm) and it has been awesome. I finally feel like my bikes fit me despite the fact that I never felt like my old bikes fit wrong--if that makes any sense.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Holy rear brake line batman! Hope you have trimmed that down by now so every branch along doesn't try to high five it to non existence.
Compression olives coming next week.

I have had exactly the same experience over the last few years. Went from M/L with old school short reach (like 420ish) to really long larges (475mm) and it has been awesome. I finally feel like my bikes fit me despite the fact that I never felt like my old bikes fit wrong--if that makes any sense.
Makes total sense to me, that's exactly how I feel.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i think when i finally get a new bike the modern "large" will finally fit me right. i always find myself scooting back a touch on my seat, even with an unfashionablly long 60mm stem.
here's a pic of @canadmos hitting the lower part of lost cove cliffs in wilson creek-prob the trail that loses the most altitude over the shortest distance out there...the leaves hide the babyheads well :brows:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
i think when i finally get a new bike the modern "large" will finally fit me right. i always find myself scooting back a touch on my seat, even with an unfashionablly long 60mm stem.
here's a pic of @canadmos hitting the lower part of lost cove cliffs in wilson creek-prob the trail that loses the most altitude over the shortest distance out there...the leaves hide the babyheads well :brows:
That perspective makes it look like an easy sunday stroll through the local park on a flat path :rofl: