Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Are you after a pure DH bike or just somthing focused on the downs?
Something you can raise a saddle and pedal?
Is there a lot of jumping in your riding?

The cockpit on the Clash is bigger than the different Supremes or the Furious.
I love super nasty sections, rocks, drops, jumps, ladders (cause I suck at these lol), gaps, step ups, wall rides, moto style jumps etc...I LOVE riding .....I have to work on some areas after TBI. Seem to have lost some comfort off anything big or DJ..there's always progression for going bigger or throwing style.

That's the issue. I am not 1 discipline, I love DH racing and hucking rocks, but riding with wife is just as fun....

I just need 2 bikes but my tame bike has to be an all arounder....Has to be able to dabble in DH a little but handle being stupid and bad choices while pedaling with wife...
That's why I like what I've built now but more room may make it even better....faster and controlled...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Nah, it is more like XC but on a big bike.
The first time I wore a full face at those trails I ended up writing off the helmet, 'twas on that little drop too. Was on the hardtail, got my line wrong, the front stalled then flicked me up and over the step.
Luckily I had already been shot in the balls that day with a paintball gun so it didn't hurt too much.
I still wear a hucker lid or tld a2 for alot of dh and raced in a hucker lid a few times...just don't land on your face...lol

Getting shot in the balls with a paintball "NOPE" That's a hard PASS!!!!..god that makes me cringe....

Used to ride alot in a baseball cap
Screenshot_20210823-203922_Samsung Internet.jpg

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I'm 6'4" and the same, but a lot more bf. When I transitioned from a 26" (Yeti sb66, so already long) to my current bike (29" Nukeproof Mega290), it was night and day. It was the first time I actually felt to scale on a bike. And according to @Nick, I actually look like I fit on it; I'm to scale.

The Nukeproof is fucking huge compared to everyone other bike I've put it next to, but outside of sharp switchbacks, that long ass bike feels to scale. Even 27.5 still feel small, comparatively. Now that I've ridden a bike that's actually my size, my 26" Yeti 4x feels like a BMX bike. And that is also a long bike.

Trust me here, my fellow Ent.
I'm a couple inches taller and moar fatter than you, and the first time I took a spin on my XL Smash was a revelation. The 26' wheeled XL Santa Cruz Heckler that it replaced always felt so squirrelly underneath me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talk to stoney about his Mega.
@bullcrew Seriously. It's a damn DH bike that can be pedaled up hills. My first ride, the suspension tuning ride, on it I scrubbed a full minute off one of our local 6min trails. And I was complaining that it felt slow. I'll add you to my Strava and give you the trails for proof. If you let that pony run, it's fast. Scary fast, and you don't realize it because it's a DH bike with air suspension. That's part of why I'm looking at moving down to a true trail bike. I need a bike that will create a lower capability capacity at the top-end. This is a 1-bike setup. I reached my limit at Whistler before I reached the bike's limit. And I like to think that I can push things relatively hard. Throw a coil and call it a day.

@Full Trucker and @Nick can confirm that it is easier to go faster on that bike than one should. They've followed me down said trail when that should never be the case.

It is a giant bike, for giant people, who want to do stupid things at stupid speeds. The attached pic is an XXL 26" XC bike with the BB lined up. I don't think you understand how fucking big this bike is. Nothing is set about me selling anything, but this model needs to be on your radar, no matter what.

Attachments

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Yeah, something like that, or a Geometron / Nicolai G1. 175mm rear travel, 555mm reach, and 62.5 degree head angle. Wheelbase measured in kilometers. Can be run as either 29, 27.5, or MX. Aluminum, welded by Ze Germans.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That is a big bike...I'll have to slap a leg over a xl or XXL and see where I pocket...I had a chance to ride a xl commencal supreme at 52" wb bike is a fair bit bigger than my m9 Large....but I was having a blast on my m9 and crushing everything to a point I was greedy with my time on it...so I passed and did 12+ runs and loved everyone of em lol...

I will make time to ride a bigger set up and see.. I'll start to look as well and keep those on the radar for sure....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm only a wee thing at 6'1" and 165# but have always preferred loooooong bikes. stable at speed. i'll take the handling hit on tight local trails if i can plow some chundery steeps

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Yeah, I recently rode my friend's size small SB165 a couple days instead of my S2 (medium) Megatrail, which is like 435mm reach instead of my 450ish. It felt SUPER sensitive to forward/back body position, and kept feeling like my chin was over my front axle, despite the bike being actually slacker. And that was from just a 15mm difference. The thought of riding my old (sold) Nomad 3 with like 420mm reach sounds awful now. For a big guy well over 6', I can only imagine how much more important having longer reach is, especially if your mass is a lot more. Your "large" 951 has the same reach as my medium now...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah, I recently rode my friend's size small SB165 a couple days instead of my S2 (medium) Megatrail, which is like 435mm reach instead of my 450ish. It felt SUPER sensitive to forward/back body position, and kept feeling like my chin was over my front axle, despite the bike being actually slacker. And that was from just a 15mm difference. The thought of riding my old (sold) Nomad 3 with like 420mm reach sounds awful now. For a big guy well over 6', I can only imagine how much more important having longer reach is, especially if your mass is a lot more. Your "large" 951 has the same reach as my medium now...
While in desert I've put the 450 down and jumped on kais 85....the 85 feels alive and you can dip and roost as well as throw it all over the place..I do know that feeling you're talking about. Like your so high and forward. A slight tap of brake and your trying to keep from shifting over bars since weights is so high and the triangle is small....front wheel back wheel and your head.

I felt it on the 951 when it gets nasty and your laid back you sometimes are more easily forward, you have to watch position more . It did it on a rocky nasty super steep run we have here and did it in a corner...had to lock lats and core to keep weight back...

I'll keep my eyes open and start sorting bikes around to offset cost of a new set up...while riding then of course lol...I really like the 951...man it is a BLAST...

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Getting shot in the balls with a paintball "NOPE" That's a hard PASS!!!!..god that makes me cringe....
It was an impressive shot, I was in a tower and saw the thing coming but it dropped quickly and got me straight i the plums.
A few years before that we were against a bunch of shady fuckwitts and out of ammo me is strolling back to the hut and a guy aims my pecker up from about 10ft and nails me. I spun my gun around and got ready to club him and he was all apologetic and nice, surprisingly it didn't hurt as much as the long range plum shot.

Next time I'll wear a pecker protector.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
@bullcrew Seriously. It's a damn DH bike that can be pedaled up hills. My first ride, the suspension tuning ride, on it I scrubbed a full minute off one of our local 6min trails. And I was complaining that it felt slow. I'll add you to my Strava and give you the trails for proof. If you let that pony run, it's fast. Scary fast, and you don't realize it because it's a DH bike with air suspension. That's part of why I'm looking at moving down to a true trail bike. I need a bike that will create a lower capability capacity at the top-end. This is a 1-bike setup. I reached my limit at Whistler before I reached the bike's limit. And I like to think that I can push things relatively hard. Throw a coil and call it a day.

@Full Trucker and @Nick can confirm that it is easier to go faster on that bike than one should. They've followed me down said trail when that should never be the case.

It is a giant bike, for giant people, who want to do stupid things at stupid speeds. The attached pic is an XXL 26" XC bike with the BB lined up. I don't think you understand how fucking big this bike is. Nothing is set about me selling anything, but this model needs to be on your radar, no matter what.
I'm 6'3" and am riding a 2018 XL Nukeproof Mega 290 as well. Can confirm it is a large bike and it definitely can handle everything as a one bike setup. I'm going the opposite direction as @stoney and making my bike more and more like a 'pedal-able' downhill bike. Long shocked and eyeing for a good deal on a dual crown to add to it. Wheelbase is 52.75". It's liberating being on a bike that fits well.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
It was an impressive shot, I was in a tower and saw the thing coming but it dropped quickly and got me straight i the plums.
A few years before that we were against a bunch of shady fuckwitts and out of ammo me is strolling back to the hut and a guy aims my pecker up from about 10ft and nails me. I spun my gun around and got ready to club him and he was all apologetic and nice, surprisingly it didn't hurt as much as the long range plum shot.

Next time I'll wear a pecker protector.
Definitely a hard pass lol...played soccer for Washington select back in the day and we traveled to Canada to play a exchange with Canadians and Brazilian teams...i took a clear straight to the "nono's" lifted me off the ground and I kept on playing no down time...
Took a small grazing hit while fighting and had to recoup before I could center up in ring again...

Point is the small shit hurts and a paintball coming in at "castration" speed ...nope...

HARD PASS STILL!!!!!! lol
Man that's got cringe written all over it..screw that!!!!
You get the iron balls trophy!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Wheelbase is 52.75". It's liberating being on a bike that fits well.
This seems to be what a few buddies have said and their bikes are pushing 52"+ WB...My M9 is 49.5 and feels a bit better versus 47 back in the day....
Well I am officially going through my rides to see which I dump and see off to move to a bigger bike.
May take a bit but I will and I'll make sure to look at as many as I can....

I don't mind rearward axle Path to vertical with a chain tensioner....I know how it reacts in corners by growing and how it handles rocks and does hang up...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This seems to be what a few buddies have said and their bikes are pushing 52"+ WB...My M9 is 49.5 and feels a bit better versus 47 back in the day....
Well I am officially going through my rides to see which I dump and see off to move to a bigger bike.
May take a bit but I will and I'll make sure to look at as many as I can....

I don't mind rearward axle Path to vertical with a chain tensioner....I know how it reacts in corners by growing and how it handles rocks and does hang up...
Longest wheelbase I'm aware of is the xxl Nicolai g1. A hair shy of 54". Which is almost 3" longer than an XL commencal supreme

Last edited:

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
While in desert I've put the 450 down and jumped on kais 85....the 85 feels alive and you can dip and roost as well as throw it all over the place..I do know that feeling you're talking about. Like your so high and forward. A slight tap of brake and your trying to keep from shifting over bars since weights is so high and the triangle is small....front wheel back wheel and your head.

I felt it on the 951 when it gets nasty and your laid back you sometimes are more easily forward, you have to watch position more . It did it on a rocky nasty super steep run we have here and did it in a corner...had to lock lats and core to keep weight back...

I'll keep my eyes open and start sorting bikes around to offset cost of a new set up...while riding then of course lol...I really like the 951...man it is a BLAST...
You Stand up on that 85?
Feels horrible to me and I'm not as tall as you are.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
You Stand up on that 85?
Feels horrible to me and I'm not as tall as you are.
I do I have to watch me weight forward on it ..lmao..hit blow sand on it lol...made it to the top.

Hit transfers on it last time at shelf reed before we sold it...he's moving to a 125 this year 2 stroke...

It whips nice as small as it is it's the sudden changes in direction or terrain that get me loose and almost over bars....I used to rip his ktm pro 50 sr(Wadded up good on that one) and his kx65 lol...the 65 had the most power to weight of any of the bikes. Stupid thing was built for race and was a ROCKET...wheelie easily any gear....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
and i thought the doctahawk was long @ ~52"
I emailed both On-One and Chromag in probably 2009 asking if they were going to release longer lower frames, they both basically said that was not what people wanted.
That was why I ordered a custom frame, people didn't seem to want to make a sensible long travel HT, it was hucky shit that couldn't be ridden up a hill.

Thankfully people realised that hardtails can be pretty capable things and no longer suck.

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
I’m 6’2” and my xl nukeproof mega (515 reach) and xl furious (510 reach if I remember, new versions) are the first bikes that I actually felt fit right. Also need 38mm riser bars and a riser stem. I feel better and more confident on them even in the tight stuff than I did on my older shorter bikes

Attachments

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Are rack companies making longer trays for bikes yet? My buddy has a an XL Pole and the back wheel is pretty much hanging off the end of his new Thule rack.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Are rack companies making longer trays for bikes yet? My buddy has a an XL Pole and the back wheel is pretty much hanging off the end of his new Thule rack.
1Up handles stupid long bikes well. I've had a L Geometron on mine and it could definitely go bigger.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I built my own fork mount hitch rack because I didn't like how the bike stuck out from the car. I drive on a lot of very narrow city streets and would only be a matter of time until someone clipped my bike.

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
I have 1up on all my cars, have room to spare. Have gotten most of my friends and gf to convert as well. Have to use extra straps to keep my bikes on my buddies Yakima and quat

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I’m 6’2” and my xl nukeproof mega (515 reach) and xl furious (510 reach if I remember, new versions) are the first bikes that I actually felt fit right. Also need 38mm riser bars and a riser stem. I feel better and more confident on them even in the tight stuff than I did on my older shorter bikes
I like the orange on that bike...good looking build

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think my DH bike is 1320mm wb and has room to spare on our 1up.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
This was the first picture that I favourited on pinkbike, for whatever dumb reason...
That's pretty badass...if you have a small car Prius or something else with a #300 row capacity lol...
We have one I sold but mad it custom from harbor freight..one of the cheap folding ones.
Did screed floor 14" rail around it tie downs for bikes, roll up ramp and made fork locks to carry multiple bikes..little bigger than that one.

I like this one, clean and probably would have made it a little longer to carry camping gear etc on it as well.

Couple I made for my trucks so son and I could haul mx and bikes...the one trailer had attachments for a few different configurations

Screenshot_20210908-092041_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210908-092135_Instagram.jpg

Last edited: