Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That's pretty badass...if you have a small car Prius or something else with a #300 row capacity lol...
We have one I sold but mad it custom from harbor freight..one of the cheap folding ones.
Did screed floor 14" rail around it tie downs for bikes, roll up ramp and made fork locks to carry multiple bikes..little bigger than that one.

I like this one, clean and probably would have made it a little longer to carry camping gear etc on it as well.

Couple I made for my trucks so son and I could haul mx and bikes...the one trailer had attachments for a few different configurations

View attachment 164557View attachment 164558
I'm digging your yotas. I'm almost done with the standard jeep project (tons/40s/atlas/LSswap/etc), and its about time to figure out some way to toss bikes or motos on the trailer with it when we hit the road. Thinking about some kind of hitch rack similar to your bottom pic.

Back on topic. Wife and I had an annivesary weekend to ourselves, hit mt. bachelor, ashland, and some fun trails in Redding on the way. Of course I only got one pic going medium in redding during the whole trip, but I guess that's what happens we're you're having too much fun to stop and take pics? Throwing my best turnbar:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Built everything on em literally no bolt on anything. But here's an example
I dig em! I cut mine in half and stretched it 15" Almost done, just need to finish exhaust, hook up the ebrake cable, slap the 40s on... and paint it someday when I have the patience. Its a beater though, so whatever. How heavy is that top rack?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I dig em! I cut mine in half and stretched it 15" Almost done, just need to finish exhaust, hook up the ebrake cable, slap the 40s on... and paint it someday when I have the patience. Its a beater though, so whatever. How heavy is that top rack?

I use 1/8 channels for wheel slots, .095 steel for upright, 2" .250 wall trailer hitch tube for hitch out and 1" .065 tube for wheel hoops.
It's actually pretty light but carried a crf450r and a kx65 several thousand miles with desert trips and victor valley.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Love the jeep..you use genright or PS side armor.
took 11 in off my Toyota's That little green Jeep I stretched it 8 in did coilovers and long arms..
Right on. Used the poison spyder daddy long legs LJ corner armor because it put my wheelbase right where I wanted it without any extra cutting. PS has been going downhill since 4wp bought them tho, so if I had to do it again, I'd probably get genright. I'm still waiting on a PS tailgate kit that I ordered back in October of last year.

I use 1/8 channels for wheel slots, .095 steel for upright, 2" .250 wall trailer hitch tube for hitch out and 1" .065 tube for wheel hoops.
It's actually pretty light but carried a crf450r and a kx65 several thousand miles with desert trips and victor valley.
Good info! I dig the dual hitch mounts for stability. Might have to build something similar, especially since my youngest is big enough for a PW50 now.

Back on topic- here's the wife in Whistler before COVID made going to whistler hard:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Possibly put this up before, second season racing, ended up second overall in B grade but had a few rounds on the hardtail because the Corsair was a piece of shit.
1631355724327.png

Hope brakes fucking sucked!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Color matched to bike BK nights or air Jordan, I saw him on his cardboard breakdancing for bike parts at lodge before race!!!!
(Kidding lol)

But man hard tails and rocks always getse how I see some guys keep feet on pedals...they will rip through a section...always give em Props!!!!
Foot isn't on the pedal as far as I can see!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Foot isn't on the pedal as far as I can see!
Yeah, the cameraman talked to me later and said he thought I was going to hit him.
That part was a bit hairy on the hardtail, on the big bike you could ride through the middle easily but on the HT it had to be gapped, never felt in control there.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
@jackalope and I had a fan-fucking-tastic last day on the hill this past Friday. Weather and conditions could not have been better. Already looking forward to next park season...

Falls out balls out. Leaf sliding is the best.
IMG_1042.jpeg

NC is an ugly place...
IMG_1043.jpeg

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Is that a 29'' wheel in a 27.5'' 38? Looks like there's barely any clearance in the arch.
Yes and there's 7mm fox will tell you if you have 4 to 5 minimum your good. Just air it out compress it and see if it hits the lowers or uppers. If it doesn't you're good to go. I have 29-in wheels on my Fox 40s 27.5 forks works perfect slammed it wrote it railed it beat it at summit Park no issues

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes and there's 7mm fox will tell you if you have 4 to 5 minimum your good. Just air it out compress it and see if it hits the lowers or uppers. If it doesn't you're good to go. I have 29-in wheels on my Fox 40s 27.5 forks works perfect slammed it wrote it railed it beat it at summit Park no issues
Yeah, I've done that going putting 27.5" wheels in 26" forks before. Just hadn't seen a combo where it works for the next size up. That's a bigger jump than 26" to 27.5". It doesn't clear in the current 40.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah, I've done that going putting 27.5" wheels in 26" forks before. Just hadn't seen a combo where it works for the next size up. That's a bigger jump than 26" to 27.5". It doesn't clear in the current 40.
My forks are 27.5 and with a 30 millimeter inside diameter of a rim and a 2.5 or smaller maxxis 29 it fits perfect. I have 2 fox 40s set up and my 38

Make sure to run a heavier duty casing the sidewalls will keep the profile more squared and give a few mm more clearance...EXO or an Exo Plus will bloom out a little bit and come close I am running exo plus and procore it has 4mm and clears just fine my rear tire tries to date me with no dinner first ....it goes right for the ass...lol

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yes and there's 7mm fox will tell you if you have 4 to 5 minimum your good. Just air it out compress it and see if it hits the lowers or uppers. If it doesn't you're good to go.
I was always under the impression that if you hit something hard and bottomed out, the top of the tire would bulge some due to the impact and bottom of the tire compression and it needed that extra clearance, to prevent the tire from catching on the crown. Idea that just clearing isn't enough.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I was always under the impression that if you hit something hard and bottomed out, the top of the tire would bulge some due to the impact and bottom of the tire compression and it needed that extra clearance, to prevent the tire from catching on the crown. Idea that just clearing isn't enough.
It does but fox says you can run 29" tire as long as you have 5mm or so clearance...

I hit a shit ton of stuff today , snow summit etc and launched to flat, rocks and crushed stuff...tire has not hit arch at all...I over shit some jumps and step down at summit. came in quick and hard...not an issue..mind you exo casings that are gone squish easy also running 20 psi so it's ballooned and then landing hard...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This is an easy one.

If your tire hits your arch, you'll know it.
My Manitou black was bad for that, never knew if it was spoke stretch of the fork flexing somehow, one day a bushing started rattling 'round in the lower so I didn't get to come to a conclusion.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
20211201_064404.jpg

Just got back from 10 days riding Tasmania's Maydena and Derby trails. Maydena does not fuck about - proper good venue (susceptible to shitty weather though we got lucky). Derby is mint also, albeit a bit pedally to get to the best stuff. Local beers and people are awesome as well.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
View attachment 161556

Testing out the bunnyhop bar.
Nice Form Brother,you look good. Now take you’re Simple BadAss Idea and take it to the next level. Ummm,mabye You call it”The SunFlower BunnyHop Contest”. Every Year,when the SunFlower is due(what season is that?)the Contest will be held. Children to Pro. I am seeing two large circle’s,or whatever shape you prefer,with a BigAss SunFlower in it. I just thought I would throw some Fat out there so you could Chew on it.
Avy

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
Xl nukeproof mega (2019 I think) with -1 degree headset and 180 mezzer. Length is good but I’d still take higher stack

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Shredding the gnar" yesterday.
2048x1262.jpg

Front Range CO riders should recognize that spot and know how chunky, rocky fun the bottom of the trail gets.

For anyone else, search YT for Bitterbrush trail at Hall Ranch.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
IMG_20220220_115150_760.jpg

Not exactly a riding pic as I went solo under the rain today to squeeze a morning ride on my local trails. We've been hitting 90+ Fahrenheit with over 80% humidity pretty steadily, so it felt awesome to be able to breathe without feeling like I was pouring steam into my lungs. Sweat flavored rain stinks though.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
IMG_4672.jpg

Snuck into 3rd spot at the season opener on the weekend which I'm pretty happy with. Shiny medal and a bottle of plonk for the troubles. Serviced the Zeb the day before and its still pretty ridiculous what it lets me get away with.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
View attachment 172362

Snuck into 3rd spot at the season opener on the weekend which I'm pretty happy with. Shiny medal and a bottle of plonk for the troubles. Serviced the Zeb the day before and its still pretty ridiculous what it lets me get away with.
Bad ass, but I can't believe you actually enduro'd sans a bum bag. Seems like a violation of some sort.