Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
View attachment 182054

While downhilling Snowmass yesterday my friend got this pic of me cruising by the biggest bear any of us have encountered in the wild.

P.S. Snowmass is the best bike park in the state and was epic after the recent rain and some tuning up by the trail crew. Animal Crackers Trail is what's right with the industry and should be a lesson to every bike park on how and why to build a tech DH trail.
Even better than Crested Butte? I was there last summer and really liked it.

I haven't been to Snowmass in years (at least for MTB, skiing is awesome there). Probably since the Mountain States Cup series. Not even for the EWS. I know, I suck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
P.S. Snowmass is the best bike park in the state and was epic after the recent rain and some tuning up by the trail crew. Animal Crackers Trail is what's right with the industry and should be a lesson to every bike park on how and why to build a tech DH trail.
It was terrible when I last attempted it in either 2015 or 2016, have they built lots since then?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Even better than Crested Butte? I was there last summer and really liked it.

I haven't been to Snowmass in years (at least for MTB, skiing is awesome there). Probably since the Mountain States Cup series. Not even for the EWS. I know, I suck.
Our group decided Crested Butte comes closest to challenging Snowmass but not quite as good.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yes, lots. I think the only trail I rode this weekend that was around back then is Valhalla, but they improved the jumps.
It's a shame the mtbparkspass went bust and stole money. That was good for us getting to a bunch of resorts. We've just done trestle season passes the last couple of years since then.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
mtbfest-56 (3).jpg

Pic from Saturday's final round of the local Enduro series. Managed to snag 2nd in age group on the day (27.5 still got it!!) as well as 2nd in the overall for the year. The semi slick Rock Razor was a good call for the one super pedally stage I think. Got a puncture at one point but it didn't affect the stage and it plugged easy and held for the rest of the day.

I should start a separate thread on training for these things. My legs were wrecked, not from the liasons but from the sprinting. Missed the top spot by 13 seconds after 8 stages.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
View attachment 182104

Pic from Saturday's final round of the local Enduro series. Managed to snag 2nd in age group on the day (27.5 still got it!!) as well as 2nd in the overall for the year. The semi slick Rock Razor was a good call for the one super pedally stage I think. Got a puncture at one point but it didn't affect the stage and it plugged easy and held for the rest of the day.

I should start a separate thread on training for these things. My legs were wrecked, not from the liasons but from the sprinting. Missed the top spot by 13 seconds after 8 stages.
Your face look less racing focused and more "the intern fucked up on Friday 5PM again"

Also jesus. Pedaling when you don't have to? Yuck. (probably explains my race results nearly as much as my interest in the local soil)

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Also jesus. Pedaling when you don't have to? Yuck. (probably explains my race results nearly as much as my interest in the local soil)
Yeah the race organiser put in few new sections for the final round and they were freshly cut and very soft. Overnight rain made the first four stages a complete slog to get done, but it dried out remarkably well for the last four (sunny side of the hill and not freshly cut). I was wrecked by the end of the day. The first beer didn't even touch the sides.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah the race organiser put in few new sections for the final round and they were freshly cut and very soft. Overnight rain made the first four stages a complete slog to get done, but it dried out remarkably well for the last four (sunny side of the hill and not freshly cut). I was wrecked by the end of the day. The first beer didn't even touch the sides.
I can relate. I'm in a spot where the lift only goes every 30 mins and it's super expensive and has short operating hours so I decided to use the local uphill road for training. Regretting that. I mean the new bike climbs amazingly but f me. I hate stairs now.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hopefully that was the cost of progression and you’re going to be nailing it when yer back!
No wheelies were involved...but wheelies tends to become my go to for rides when the trails are crap, like right now. Gotta put in more work with the manuals though.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Buddy sent me this still he ripped from a vid he shot a year or two ago.
So - I got another shitty out of focus pic.
Not sure what is up with the slightly odd body position.
Hell I don't even remember this being filmed.

MJC on Smiths.png

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Coming off 7 days straight of riding and drinking beer in Tasmania marshalling for the Trans Tas Enduro, flew back to QLD and raced the next day might not have been the best prep, but came away with a 4th place and some points for our local Enduro series. Had a cracking day out with the crew talking crap in between the stages and had some beers to cool off afterwards.

KooralbynGE1-58.jpg

Last edited: