Quantcast

Pictures

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Got back on the bike after a couple months of OTB time from a broken rib. Also just got a new camera, finally got a dslr, so no more film for me! pretty pleased as punch about that. Picked up a canon 50d and I couldn't be more happy with it.

Reinjured it pulling up my pants after I got home. :shocked:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
nice pictures man! Does the 50d have the option to shoot in RAW (.NEF) instead of Jpeg? im not sure how, but it makes the pictures look so much more sharper and deeper colors then Jpeg. ( It is a digital negative ) The con side of it, is that it takes up about 7 times more memory on your digital camera. but if you have a big enough card, i recommend it!:thumb:
nice pictures none the less bro, looks fun as hell

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
nice pictures man! Does the 50d have the option to shoot in RAW (.NEF) instead of Jpeg? im not sure how, but it makes the pictures look so much more sharper and deeper colors then Jpeg. ( It is a digital negative ) The con side of it, is that it takes up about 7 times more memory on your digital camera. but if you have a big enough card, i recommend it!:thumb:
It does take raw, I downsized them huge by putting them on facebook (think 15mp shots to 200k-400k)

Still playing with the camera, just got it the day before yesterday, but I'll get there!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
nice man, keep em coming! I've had my nikon d40 for almost a year now, and i've been shooting in raw for months now, then reconvert it in Adobe Lightroom( awesome photo editing program, also recommend you getting the trial. enhancing images by tweeking temperature, exposure, fill light, contrast, blacks, vibrant, tons more!)
next upgrade, new lens(garbage 18-55mm)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Canon uses a .CR2 designation for their RAW images, not the Nikon .NEF designation....and of course shooting in RAW is better.

the pictures are all of out focus btw.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
RAW is cool when U want to have time to edit or a blasting through using lightroom. If U think U might get THE PRINT shoot both. If you are shooting 400 racers and just need to get the shot JPG is fine.

Get exposure in ballpark and its fine!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Canon uses a .CR2 designation for their RAW images, not the Nikon .NEF designation....and of course shooting in RAW is better.

the pictures are all of out focus btw.
A little bit, but not nearly as bad as it seems. in all of the full pics I have on my computer, they're way better, spokes become clearly visible. I lost alot going to facebook, I think its more the hosting site/converting a 10mb file to a 300k file then raw vs jpeg. It sounds like everybody unanimously agrees I should be shooting in raw though, so I guess its time to switch, and get an external.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
A little bit, but not nearly as bad as it seems. in all of the full pics I have on my computer, they're way better, spokes become clearly visible. I lost alot going to facebook, I think its more the hosting site/converting a 10mb file to a 300k file then raw vs jpeg. It sounds like everybody unanimously agrees I should be shooting in raw though, so I guess its time to switch, and get an external.
yeah, i didnt see that you hosted them on FB...get a flickr account or even photobucket...itll be worth it.

the nice thing about the 50D is that you can shoot in jpeg and raw at the same time. it does take up a lot more card space, but is worth it if you want the full images you are taking.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Will, congrats on the healing... must feel good. After a month off the bike from a wreck at Blackrock, I just about thought I'd die. I recently got back on the bike, AND sold my Nikon D40 for a D300. Couldn't be happy (from riding, and the camera).

When you comin' down here to ride Pacifica?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Will, congrats on the healing... must feel good. After a month off the bike from a wreck at Blackrock, I just about thought I'd die. I recently got back on the bike, AND sold my Nikon D40 for a D300. Couldn't be happy (from riding, and the camera).

When you comin' down here to ride Pacifica?
Well, I'd be down to ride ASAP but actually, when I got home from riding, I was pulling up my pants and I jerked my torso and pretty much completely reinjured it. Hoping to be riding again by xmas break. :mad:

I get to go riding for a full day, rib does fine, and get home and blow it up pulling on my pants. :(

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
You injured yourself pulling up your pants?
Re-broke my rib in fact. With out a doubt the most ridiculous injury I have ever had. Best part was it was after a day of DH.

edit: since I couldn't find the bottom out thread, I guess I'll post it up here. Nice little G out at the bottom of that drop.

double edit: found it, thanks ih8rice

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Re-broke my rib in fact. With out a doubt the most ridiculous injury I have ever had. Best part was it was after a day of DH.

edit: since I couldn't find the bottom out thread, I guess I'll post it up here. Nice little G out at the bottom of that drop.
you shoulda kept that story to yourself....sorry but it is funny

bottom out thread
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215324&highlight=g-out
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216863&highlight=g-out

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Muh, if I can't laugh at myself over breaking a rib pulling up my pants, then whats the point?!

Feel free to laugh

Plus, I'm probably going to ride next weekend on it anyway, I've been looking forward to riding in socal again for the last 3 months.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Muh, if I can't laugh at myself over breaking a rib pulling up my pants, then whats the point?!

Feel free to laugh

Plus, I'm probably going to ride next weekend on it anyway, I've been looking forward to riding in socal again for the last 3 months.
Good god, I hope you don't ever have to take too big of a dump too fast or something. The results could be catastrophic. You might break in half.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I am blind and I can't see any pics in this thread or there isn't any?
Concerning quality of non-compressed pics, whether it,s NEF or CR2. JPG are sharper, etc because of default sharpening settings. However, You can get much more from RAW pic if You know how to do this.
One thing more. Due to the size of RAW pics, You don't get same fps as during taking JPG pics. Which, in sport photography is an important factor.