Quantcast

pig roast etiquette???

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Bring something light, or with citrus in it. That will cut through the yummy delicious mouth watering pork fat from the main course.

Ok... Hungry now...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Actually... I have. My mom was *pi$$ed* when we showed up on the front porch covered in pig $hit and mud. :rofl:
haha, see, if you had only ridden a dead pig, you could have been covered in grease and smelled like bacon. Who can be angry at that?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
We had a WHOLE roast pig at the company xmas party a few years back.
A couple of the warehouse guys got drunk and started playing Fear Factor with different parts of the pig. It was pretty entertaining for the rest of the office.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
We always have a "pig pickin" cake at all of our "roasts". (Who actually roasts a pig anyhow) Pretty simple recipe.

Use a box cake mix...white or yellow. Bake two 9 inch round cakes, cool and set aside.

1 can of crushed pineapple, well drained (you cna use the juice in the cake if you prefer)

1 tub of cool whip, fold the pineapple into the cool whip and use it to frost the cake.

1 can of mandarin oranges, drained and layed out on the top of the cake ony way you please.

I cook about 5 pigs a year....never any pig left and never any cake left.