Quantcast

pigah forest

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
I've been advised to put this in the south forum so Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place put im hoping to visit the states next year and i was wondering if pisgah forest in north carolina was any good to ride?

jason

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
dude that place is a hell of alot of fun. like everyone said you will not be dissapointed. i went once and i want to go back asap

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I live down around Charlotte, NC. We're up in Pisgah almost every single weekend. The whole place is littered with trails. Lots of good DH up there. There's also a good amount of climbing involved too. Best thing to do is hook up with someone who knows the area.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Bushwhacker said:
Hey Burly...got any info on that cabin? Link, phone# or something? Been looking for something just like that so my wife and I can dissappear for a weekend.
One of the other guys arranged it all, but Ill ask him about it and post up. It was really cheap, i think $125 a night.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
check out kitzuma, sweet trail B) about any lbs in asheville should know how to get you directions to it, its pretty easy. shuttle is the easiest way like it says on the link below, or you can start on the other side of black mountain and up old US70, then just blaze back down to the car. link

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dgrif said:
check out kitzuma, sweet trail B) about any lbs in asheville should know how to get you directions to it, its pretty easy. shuttle is the easiest way like it says on the link below, or you can start on the other side of black mountain and up old US70, then just blaze back down to the car. link
shuttle Kitsuma?? That's stupid...very stupid. :nonono:

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
I didnt say it was the smartest move, i just said it was the easiest. i've never shuttled it, but whats so special about the ride up old 70? A couple halfway decent views, but nothing breath taking. Now after you get around the mtn where you can see 40 and hit that trail up there are some nice views. then its a sweet ride down :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
There is no reason to shuttle Kitazuma. I'm 200llbs. and out of shape and I can ride the whole loop on a 42 llb downhill bike with a single front chain ring. If you want to ride your big bike on high traffic multi-user trails, pedal or push up.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
The ride down really doesnt warrant a full DH rig. Anyways.. my point was missed i think, not really trying to tell anyone how to ride the trail, just suggesting its a nice ride however you wanna ride it. :)

AngryMetalsmith said:
There is no reason to shuttle Kitazuma. I'm 200llbs. and out of shape and I can ride the whole loop on a 42 llb downhill bike with a single front chain ring. If you want to ride your big bike on high traffic multi-user trails, pedal or push up.
I can verify this : Big Jack is like the energizer bunny, he never stops pedaling - even if he can walk faster. I think that chainring is a 40T also! In Pisgah there are a lot of places you have to earn your turns per say. Either ride or hike-a-bike. Someplaces are just not a good idea to shuttle as future access could be comprimised.