Quantcast

pigboy & jbp at 'Nam 5/12/2004

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Very cool! I will be there in 2 weeks if everything works out. I am very looking forward to it. I like riding on the rocks:D .....jdcamb

Bloodied but unbowed, we progress, if that's what you call it, to a section beside the power lines where the seemingly random tree cutters have been active.

We had well matched bikes - the Joker and the old Rockhopper full rigid, 21-speed, cantis, and all. We swapped out about halfway.

Attachments

pigboy tried a wet mossy wall someplace over by the three sisters later in the day and rattled his brains pretty good. We also traversed what seemed to be the Okeefenokee swamp on the way out, down some typical rock-studded singletrack, feeling the humidity increase to about 300%, then getting to the water and bugs.

He took some pictures too, maybe he'll post them.

Last picture from me, pigboy over the top:

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
fully rigid with cantis at Nam! :eek: Hardcore!

that swampy area you rode through is actually a part of the Charles River or something like that. I bet it was super duper buggy.

splat

Nam I am
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
The next playpen we found was a nice little wall with various approaches; this be pigboy:
That is called the fire wall.

why didn't you call me ! I would have been more than happy to play tour guide again!

Jim, what day does it look like you are coming up ?

Thurs 27 evening , Berkshire rider is coming in for an evening ride
Fri 28 , The baboon and I ( others ? ) are going to be riding TBD , and still have Sat, Sun, mon too :)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Originally posted by splat
That is called the fire wall.

why didn't you call me ! I would have been more than happy to play tour guide again!

Jim, what day does it look like you are coming up ?

Thurs 27 evening , Berkshire rider is coming in for an evening ride
Fri 28 , The baboon and I ( others ? ) are going to be riding TBD , and still have Sat, Sun, mon too :)
Friday, saturday, and sunday afternoon/night only. Got family plans on thursday night and sunday morning. Depending on the weather I am going home Killington way:D....jdcamb