Quantcast

Pike or Z1

whick tickles your pickle?

• Pike

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Z1

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • no, loco does not suck. he's actually one of the coolest dudes this size of Lubbock

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • neither, nor

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
taking into consideration customer service, user serviceability, and street cred. gnarcore-ness, which would you choose?

oh, that's supposed to read "which"...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I voted for Loco not sucking, be honest he really isn't that bad.
I would also recomend the pike for trailbike stuff but for bigger guys and more tech trails the Z1 gets my vote, hell the Z1 light could be considered a lightweight fork, a Marzzocchi first.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I also own both. I like the Pike over the Z1, I really utilize the U-turn adjuster for different slalom and 4-cross tracks. I'm not much of a rockshox fan when it comes to DHing, but I've always used a Psylo for the little bike stuff, and now the Pike.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
I have both (Pike Team and Z1 FR) and I definitely prefer the Pike. The adjustability is great, and I think it feels a little more solid than my Z1.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The pike is great. I wanted to get rid of mine because I thought the travel wasnt enough, but now Im just too in love with it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Don't have much experience with a newer Z1 but I am loving my new pike. I picked up a 454 air u-turn for aggressive trail riding and some light DH on my heckler and it is the fork I've been wanting for a long time. It is super adjustable and versatile, good small bump compliance, solid but not too heavy, maxle is cool...can't speak to long-term performance or CS but performance-wise it is killer so far.