Quantcast

Pike rebuild talk, kind of - for Stosh...

J

JRB

I have some questions too. I lost one of the springs and one of the balls under the U-turn. I had everything in a bowl and knocked the f'ing thing off the counter. I, at one time, had all the bearings again and was missing a spring when I stepped in the bowl and knocked it over again. :mumble: I got everything but the 1 spring and 1 bearing. I am thinking I can get a new bearing easily, and pretty sure that I had, at one time, a box of many springs, but cannot locate it now, so I will try to get more later today. Anyhow - it seems to work fine, but I may get a knew knob, as this one's rubber is kind of torn, if I decide to keep this fork. Anyone know if the new knobs include the springs and balls???

Moving on - I changed the oil to 7 wt Torco, and put in the seals that BS sent with the fork. It seems better to me. It has the firm spring, and I weigh 200, so I will likely get an xtra firm spring, if I keep this fork. The fork felt a ton better with fresh oil in it.

For the motion control for stosh - if yours is always locked out, I would pull the compression sleeve out and make sure that it only opens and closes. That thing seems pretty simple, but it could also be o-rings causing problems. I would pull that and make sure that the oil height is 5" from the crown. It's a pretty simple fork, unless you kick everything over twice. If that is the case, it's not so much. :(

Rambling aside - it may be pretty decent since it is freshened up.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
you sound clumsier than a bull moose in a china shop!!!

I SsS, I SsS, I sSsay that Boy is dulla than a bowlin ball!!!

J

JRB

brungeman said:
you sound clumsier than a bull moose in a china shop!!!

I SsS, I SsS, I sSsay that Boy is dulla than a bowlin ball!!!
I am when it comes to forks. I am not giving up though. They always work better. This is better than the time I twisted the top of Wumpus' damper off on his Z150. That cost me $82 to learn that lesson. I really just need to clean the garage, or go work in my shed. I am sure I could find the parts, but I didn't want to look any more last night.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
The price of this fork just keeps plummeting...

:nonono:
I'm gonna upcharge it for the grinder wheel you will need to use on your frame to make it fit. :think: