Quantcast

Pike Spring sizing

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Opeth said:
I'm trying to be serious, can't tell you what spring you will need if I can't get a serious answer.
Dude, quit hitting on me!

*check your PM's.*

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nevermind, it says extra firm over 180lbs. FAWK!

Anybody know where to get them cheap?
If not I'll just continue to talk to myself.

J

JRB

I asked the shop to order me one, along with some other stuff from BTI and 2 1/2 weeks later he still hadn't done it. I think he might have Tuesday. If he didn't, it's online I go.

Sorgie

Monkey
May 20, 2005
Rochester
Stosh, one more thing to consider. I'm not sure how close to 180 you are, but I was at the border between "standard" and "firm" at 160.
The standard was good for normal riding, but on bigger hits with the compression fully open it would bottom hard. I ended up going to the firm. Now I am at the minimum recommended sag and I still use full travel, but I haven't bottomed hard.

So if you are close to 180 and aren't bottoming hard most of the time you may want to go with a "firm" instead of an "X-firm".

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I asked the shop to order me one, along with some other stuff from BTI and 2 1/2 weeks later he still hadn't done it. I think he might have Tuesday. If he didn't, it's online I go.
I'm tossing this one to my LBS, he's real good about ordering stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorgie said:
Stosh, one more thing to consider. I'm not sure how close to 180 you are, but I was at the border between "standard" and "firm" at 160.
The standard was good for normal riding, but on bigger hits with the compression fully open it would bottom hard. I ended up going to the firm. Now I am at the minimum recommended sag and I still use full travel, but I haven't bottomed hard.

So if you are close to 180 and aren't bottoming hard most of the time you may want to go with a "firm" instead of an "X-firm".
No, I blew past 180 a long time ago!!

I think xtra firm is the way to go for me. Hard to believe I've been riding a standard for a year.