Quantcast

pikes peak shuttle/freeriding in c springs area

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I am a new resident of colorado springs (going to college here). I race dh and love to freeride. Unfortunately, I don't have a car, or much knowledge of the biking here.

Is there a shuttle that you can pay that goes up pikes peak (I was talking to a guy who said there was one but i cant find any info)

Also, is there any good freeriding close by (yes I know keystone, but I dont have a car at the moment)?

Would anybody be interested in getting together for a ride, or showing me where some good riding is? I can chip in for gas or what not.....

vpfree05

Chimp
May 21, 2006
In a couple of weeks i can ride any time pretty much. Right now i am out on a business trip and will be back around mid Oct. Hopefully the snow will hold off and we can hook up and get some riding in. There is another guy that wants to do some riding also. I have a truck so shuttling is not an issue.
As for riding on pikes peak stay off the Barr Trail way to many hikers and they feel like they own the mountain. I think they get that with the REI membership card. But there are a few options i have found around that area.
As for Freeriding im sure there is just have to find it. I stick to the fast descents with very little ascending.
PM me and we can get together in a few weeks to ride.

dr.nick

Chimp
Oct 14, 2007
Colorado Springs
It would be awesome to get some local "springs" dh/ gravity freeride people together.

I don't currently own a bike that can do freeride, but i'd love to tag-a -long and take sweet pics

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
any of you guys still livin in the springs? I moved here a few months ago and am lookin for dh/fr folks to get up with.. please let me know :cheers:

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
nice.. Id say palmer park or other parks in town are the only places w/o snow at the moment, higher elev probably still has a lot.. do u ever do any urban or dj'n? One of the sunny days i rode downtown a bit, but didnt really find anything interesting. Havent found any jumps yet either, but i havent really looked.

NapalmCheese

Monkey
May 16, 2006
Los Gatos
psuedo-bump

Me and a bunch of folks are heading this way for a buddy's bachelor party in August and are looking for some downhill(ish) stuff in the area. We don't need your cool super über secret riding spots, but a park/resort would be fun. We'll probably rent a van or something in town so shuttling ourselves is a possibility. Our skill set will be pretty much all over the map so we probably shouldn't be hitting up anything super gnarly.

Any suggestions?

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
I'm still pretty new*ish here, but gimme till mid/end of may and I'll let ya know.. I rode a little at the ass end of last season back in cheyenne canyon, and there's definitely some promising stuff back there. I'll keep ya posted, but if nothing else, shuttling pikes peak would be an option.

Apr 1, 2005
Cloud 9
I am in NY now but I used to live there, and I miss it insanely...moving back this summer.
Anyways, all I have to say is PIPELINE-ask around-anyone who is anyone will know of this trail-it has everything, North shore, jumps fast/loose/corners super steep tech, rock gardens-about 15mi worth with one short traverse-Best trail I have ever ridden- I am not a big fan of the Colo Sprgs bike shop, but someone there should be able to point u in the right direction.
Cheers

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
If you're headin back this summer then we should ride.. i gotta fresh set of wheels on the way itchin to be broke in ;)

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
got directions for pipeline, thx for the suggestion ;) gonna drive up around that way this weekend maybe, check the conditions

vpfree05

Chimp
May 21, 2006
I think the top of Pipeline is still under some serious snow. Its going to be sometime before it is open yet. The trail head is at about 10,000ft.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
Yeah i figure so.. I just wanna take the doggies up there and see how everything's lookin. Was at the top of the incline on Monday and theres barely any snow, thats at like 8600'.

vpfree05

Chimp
May 21, 2006
I think it going to be at least three weeks yet. Problem with Pipline and Jones is the snow melts so slow from no sun light.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
pickin up my new wheels this friday or sat from mojo.. should be able to build my ride up sat/sun. she's been sittin in a stand stripped down all winter long, can't wait to get some riding in.

I was excited to hear about the "freeride park" at red rock canyon, but was sadly disappointed when i stopped by to check it out. Its supposed to be worked on and finished up this year.. may go volunteer and see if they can try to go a lil bigger and get some more space.. it was like 50X25 yards with a couple bridges.. :(

dr.nick

Chimp
Oct 14, 2007
Colorado Springs
pickin up my new wheels this friday or sat from mojo.. should be able to build my ride up sat/sun. she's been sittin in a stand stripped down all winter long, can't wait to get some riding in.

I was excited to hear about the "freeride park" at red rock canyon, but was sadly disappointed when i stopped by to check it out. Its supposed to be worked on and finished up this year.. may go volunteer and see if they can try to go a lil bigger and get some more space.. it was like 50X25 yards with a couple bridges.. :(
That little park taught me a lot as a beginner. I heard that they are planning to expand it (medicene wheel, pikes peak region) Let me know if you have as many cordless carpentry as i have at my disposal. It took them forever to biuld that park because they used hand tools for everything

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
That little park taught me a lot as a beginner. I heard that they are planning to expand it (medicene wheel, pikes peak region) Let me know if you have as many cordless carpentry as i have at my disposal. It took them forever to biuld that park because they used hand tools for everything
wasnt trying to be a douche, but i saw it listed on imba's site as a freeride park, just expected a little more. Only cordless power tool i got is a drill, but i don't mind using a saws and **** man.. if you're in on building in the springs, or areas near by, lemme know, ill be more than happy to help.

dgrif

Monkey
Apr 12, 2006
colo spigs
sure would be nice if some of these folks in town with a few hundred acres coming outta their noses would let us borrow a few, sign a disclaimer and have at it ;)