Quantcast

Pilates

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Does anyone do pilates? I started a class this week and goddam is it an ass-kicker! I feel like my abs are around my ankles. Hopefully, in some weird way, this will turn me into a super strong rider.

Blaze

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
I'm a fitness ins. at Canyon Ranch in Lenox MA. Pilates is a great way to work your core. The movements are small are are intended to work sub layers. Remember every few months to mix up the routine, body adapts.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I find Pilates and Yoga great for the MT BIKER. However, I have had a problem with Pilates movements that involve the neck. I even had to visit the chiropractor afterwards. He thought it reinjured my spine where I landed on my neck after a fall. Anyway, keep in mind that certain moves can reinjure old injuries. Peace.

dhchix

Chimp
Mar 26, 2006
NC
I do pilates twice a week. I'm hoping all the hard work in class will show on the bike. As I go through the moves I just keep thinking to myself - biking, faster, cornering, faster, squeeze everything tight, ouch, ouch..........thank goodness I made it through another class.:biggrin:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I couldn't decide between taking the pilates class or the yoga. I've done a lot of yoga in the past, but thought something new would be good. I have no problem doing weights, but core strengthening is somthing I've always had to kick myself to do.