Quantcast

Pilchuck tract???

traxx

Chimp
May 26, 2012
Just recently got back into riding and have been riding the victoria tract?(end of 300th) for a bit now and everybody i keep talking to says to go check out the pilchuck tract out by bryant, these trails still up? last i read is they were pretty overgrown

ive also heard that there are some man made features around the victoria tract area? can anyone give me a direction in which these are

Rapplez

Chimp
Apr 27, 2010
Marysville Wa
Just an idea for you, but every Monday night 6 p.m. Arlington Velo Sport and local trail (lets call them) maintainers hold a group ride. They usually tour around most parts of the Pilchuck Tree Farm, Victoria, Armstrong and Pilchuck. That would be a good way to get back into riding again, and also learn what the Pilchuck tracts have to offer.

Cutters

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Everett, WA
I tried riding Pilchuck a couple weekends ago. Had never been before. But when I got to the parking area it was filled with equestrian riders. Not a huge horse fan, I decided not to mix it up with them. Is there another parking area? Are there always a ton of horses?

Rapplez

Chimp
Apr 27, 2010
Marysville Wa
the parking area it was filled with equestrian riders.
Did you park at the Glass School parking lot by chance? That parking lot is usually flooded with equestrians. If so try driving 300th street all the way until you hit a 90 degree right hand turn. Proceed straight and park on the side of the road. If you see an Iron Ranger your doing good.

As Mt. Bikers we are often looked down upon at the Tree Farm. Same ol' BS about how we generate more erosion and destruction then there prized show horses. Good news is, we as mt. Bikers are building credibility with the PRA which consist of the true horse men and woman who give a rats ass. Hopefully in the next year or two, you will be hearing more about trails being created specifically for MTB'rs.