Quantcast

Pills: How long do they last.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
With my latest injury, I must say, the docs were pretty liberal with their prescriptions of pain meds. I am curious though, if I had any left over, you know, to stick in my camelback in case of some trailside emergency (broken arm, etc..) how long could I expect them to last?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Burly have you got any Codeine or other opiate containing Meds? I just came off that **** after a back injury. The withdrawal is a fvckin bitch yo! 8 hours off nasty ass flu-like symptoms.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
Burly have you got any Codeine or other opiate containing Meds? I just came off that **** after a back injury. The withdrawal is a fvckin bitch yo! 8 hours off nasty ass flu-like symptoms.
Yes.

Ive taken alot of pills in my day, and broken alots of bones and torn things, never had any withdrawels.

Except from PCP.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I had sort of hydromorphose pills or something after my knee surgery. (Really strong, but I didn't poop for a week! not even a hammer...yikes...)

They had an expiry date printed on the perscription label. I think it they were supposed to last about a year. I think I still have 2 or 3 left. Of course they're now about 3 years old...

Maybe they'd still work with a couple gin and tonics...and some metamucil mixed in...

Cocktails anyone? I fix you something nice...

BurlyShirley said:
With my latest injury, I must say, the docs were pretty liberal with their prescriptions of pain meds. I am curious though, if I had any left over, you know, to stick in my camelback in case of some trailside emergency (broken arm, etc..) how long could I expect them to last?
You'd probably have to root around in the literature to find out on a per-drug basis. The manufacturers have a vested interest in your chucking them so there's a market for more...

I think I got something like 30 hydrocodone last year after they worked on my arm. I took maybe two and flushed the rest down the toilet.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I never have any codeine left over.:mad:
Codeine disappears in my house quicker than peanut butter.
I will look for an excuse to take it, like:

"I think my third toe is aching, better pop a lortab."

And then as soon as I take them all, I crash again and really need them.:bomb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i was reading an study the other day, about how the US military was experimenting with pills that were expired, and how much it could be saved, and how some of them can last years after the expiration date.

kinda weird, but it wasnt a shady looking source either. i think it was a .edu research or something...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Da Peach said:
I had sort of hydromorphose pills or something after my knee surgery. (Really strong, but I didn't poop for a week! not even a hammer...yikes...)

They had an expiry date printed on the perscription label. I think it they were supposed to last about a year. I think I still have 2 or 3 left. Of course they're now about 3 years old...

Maybe they'd still work with a couple gin and tonics...and some metamucil mixed in...

Cocktails anyone? I fix you something nice...
Probably hydromorphone. It's a modified morphine derivative. Yucky stuff. I was on it for almost 4 months once. Can't remember much from those 4 months either actually.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have some hydrocodone APAP 7.5/750 from 4/14/05. I was given 20 for a kidney stone but only took 6. I took one for a bad headache the other night and it still worked. Any idea on street value?

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Changleen said:

Ive got a whole unused pack of codeine, stuff doesnt work for me, what ya offering haha