Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I was just about to go to bed last night when the show came on. They had one of my all time favorite vehicles, a 1957 Chevy Panel Wagon. So I was curious to see what they would do to this van. Maybe I was being foolish in hoping they would actually make it useful. But no, they just crammed it full of TVs and speakers. Is that as far as their vision extends ? Don't they ever do something more creative or functional than just filling peoples cars with fvckin TVs. I can only imagine If some "lucky" person got them to rebuild their camper van and how they would screw it up. " Since you like to car camp in the woods, we've replaced your old worn out stove and refrigerator with 15 TVs and a 10,000 watt stereo and a play station". If it was my Chevy, I would turn it into the coolest camper van ever.

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
Every time I've watched that show, I've had the same thought: "I bet that sucker gets stolen inside a week."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I wonder why they even bothered to go camping... :disgust1:
I think it was to play beer pong which is almost as enjoyable as watching TV while camping.

This was my friends kids who brought their TV. Apparently I was made the bad guy so the one mother went in and watched a movie with the kids.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pimp My Ride makes me laugh. I have only seen it a few times and its the same thing. Cram a bunch of monitors in places nobody needs and fill the truck with crap to render the storage space useless.

The only episode they did that was any good was the Biodiesel Impala.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
When I went camping with some noobs a few weeks ago they brought their TV's. I told the kids it was illegal to watch TV while camping and they cried.

Anyway is that a pic from the show you watched last night?

Yup, that's the van.

Apparently it was put up for auction on ebay.

Pimp My Ride makes me laugh. I have only seen it a few times and its the same thing. Cram a bunch of monitors in places nobody needs and fill the truck with crap to render the storage space useless.

The only episode they did that was any good was the Biodiesel Impala.
I've seen them instal monitors in the finders on the outside of a car. I wonder if they have ever mounted a TV underneath a car so the guy who changes the oil can play video games.

That show is a waste of skill and tools.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
doesn't matter that they have a TV show and a big budget, they are going to but big rims, speakers and TVs on anything.

]
I love how the bike industry cant get michelin to change a mold for a tire that actually sells but some asshole can get low profile 48's put on his caprice.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Bet it handles like it's on rails :crazy: plus you need a scaffolding to get into it.

Sign me up :thumb:

:shocked::plthumbsdown:

Ummm no. Not for me....looks like someone ripped off windmill blades and made wheels out of them :happydance:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
The show's called "pimp" my ride not "super cool and useful" my ride. Ghetto culture demands that anything that is "pimped" is all show and little to no go. It's all about the flash, flossin', and bling bling. One must sacrifice usability for big pimpin'.

edit: Just found this. LOL!

Last edited:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I've seen them instal monitors in the finders on the outside of a car. I wonder if they have ever mounted a TV underneath a car so the guy who changes the oil can play video games.
yes they have... saw an episode once where they put together a car for an aspiring mechanic. 20" flat panel under the trunk so he can watch a movie while working under the car :crazy:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
The show's called "pimp" my ride not "super cool and useful" my ride. Ghetto culture demands that anything that is "pimped" is all show and little to no go. It's all about the flash, flossin', and bling bling. One must sacrifice usability for big pimpin'.

I hear ya, but...

If a sketchy ass meth cooker rolled in there wanting is kidnapper van converted to a mobile pimped out meth lab , they would still cram it full of TVs and speakers, leaving little room for the lab.

" Yo dog, we heard you like cookin meth so we installed not one but three Jackhammer speakers to shake the pavement son. "

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
I prefer Overhaulin'. Still not really practical cars but at least they do something cool, like accelerate in a timely fashion, and most of the cars are old american sleds that end up being freakin' sweet when done.

The one episode of Pimp My Ride I saw the guy had a corolla and when he got it back there were TVs in the ****ing bumpers. THE GOD DAMNED BUMPERS. HONESTLY. I almost shot my TV after that (but I didn't, which is good because now I only watch mythbusters, topgear, scrubs, and Good Eats >_>)