Quantcast

Pimplites

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
So i won a set of gold pimplites at diablo, here is my "problem" They are torque nipples, and i planned on lacing them to industry 9 wheels (not torque)

The last time i tried this (on accident) the spoke came through the hole, and i had to swap the rims.(the wheel-builder called me to tell me this) This time i tried it myself and i cant get them to go through, i yanked on them with pliers as hard as i could, and i also tried to hammer it through the hole. It appears to me that its fine, id say that the spoke is exactly between normal sized, and torque sided. It ISNT big enough to fill the hole, but its big enough to work(maybe?)

Is it worth my time trying to lace these rims up? I plan to use them, and the last thing i feel like doing, is trying to sell 2 brand new rims, and having to go out and buy another 2.

Advice?
Tradezys?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
God help the poor fvcker who just bought rims from someone who just spent 20 minutes with a hammer and pliers on them.
nah, that was the spoke, which i threw out. rims are fine, if i cant yank on spoke with pliers, i cant imagine it can be ridden on a jump

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Not gonna work. Plain'n'simple.

Sell/trade 'em. You'll be happy you did--Atomlab's 'torque' nipples are a PITA and offer zero benefits over a properly-built wheel with regular spokez/nipz.