Quantcast

pin help

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
what is the difference between Mcmaster self-locking socket and standed socket set crew for pins. I am not sure which ones i need for pedals, if you need to know they are the 5050xx pedals and im looking to buy better pins for them i know the sized just not the defference between the socket? :help:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Uhh.....take a pin to speciality nut and bolt out in Goleta and they'll get you some.

They aren't easy to just "find" online or at shops it seems. Best bet is a tool supply place (osh, home depot, speciality) and go to the metric sections and get some. They might be cheaper if you figure out what size you need and ask if they'll sell you a quanity discount (like if you need 20 pins per pedal see if they'll sell you 100 to get them cheaper). Sometimes places will do that.

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
dmr make terrorpins but you might as well just go to a hardware shop.
long pins are good n all if you like to wear out your trainers every 4 months

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
yeah but wearing out you shoe is bette rthen having your foot slip and causing you to fall and brake something

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
Adam Novatt said:
yeah but wearing out you shoe is bette rthen having your foot slip and causing you to fall and brake something
if your worried about your feet falling off the pedals get spd's then

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i went to Home Depot and they did not have them. has anyone ordered any form anplace that they know for a fact will have pins. it is really important

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
OSH or Speciality Nut and tool would have them, Home depot has everything except what you need half the time (for small bike related stuff)

Mcmaster has them if you know the size you need.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
what is the difference between Mcmaster self-locking socket and standed socket set crew for pins. I am not sure which ones i need for pedals, if you need to know they are the 5050xx pedals and im looking to buy better pins for them i know the sized just not the defference between the socket