Quantcast

Pinenuts

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Has anyone been riding out at Pinenuts lately? I have no idea what the conditions are like over there right now.

I am hoping to head out of the basin and do some riding in the Gardnerville/Carson/possibly Reno area this weekend.

I'm getting sick of the snow.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i have the bullit in working order right now. but not my xc bike. so, let's check back later this week and see what the weather is like.

i keep my p1 at work. i just took it out and rode prison hill at lunch.
a. the p1 is not suited for that ride.
b. prison hill is boring. but there are lots of bunnies and they make me smile.

that is all.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
i dont think anybody has been out there riding or working on the DH tracks lately. i went to sandys a few weeks back and it was ripping so i can only imagine that the pinenuts are in just as good shape. i gota try and get some ridding in for the otter so i may be up for a ride friday if the weathers good.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
If you want directions to my trails(sandy's) let me know (pm) and i can kick down some info I want to go to Pinenuts sometime soon maybe we can all hook up and shred it??????

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
iam a no go for friday sorry. just took a look at the big bike for the first time this winter and its hurting. however if you guys end up going saturday let me know i'll drag my ass down there with the hard tail and try to have some fun avoiding the stunts.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Can't go Saturday. Gonna go watch the Kirkwood free ski comp.
But Friday afternoon or Sunday morning I'm going to attempt to ride my bike around.
I have no idea what condition pinenuts will be in after this snow. Could be messy, yeah?

Hacksaw, PM sent. holla back.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
o.k. so me and a friend are looking to shuttle pinenuts friday at 4pm. only problem is: i only know where the xc trails are. can anyone clue me in on a shuttleable route?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You have room for maybe one more on the shuttle? I might be riding the board that day, but as I might not be, I would love to work the kinks out of my sea otter DH bike.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
if you can direct me in the right location of where to ride....
I have a jeep that can fit one bike inside and 2 on the back. friend has a truck. so 3 people works just fine for me.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I might not be worth a rats ass for directions. I rode there once out of my mind, so memory is a bit hazy.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
hay guys i'll meet you out there on friday afternoon and show you around. i havnt been then in over a year so who knows what condition the trail is. i can atleast show you guys where it all starts and help shuttle with my truck. PM me and we'l figure a good meeting spot.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
oya i was out in fullstone today looking out towrds the pinenuts and they looked pretty much clear of snow couldnt really get a good look with the cloud cover but if its sunny tomorrow we should have no problem ridding.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm outta work at 3.30 tomorrow. so, 4.00 at pinenuts?????
only issue is the scattered rain shows forecast for tomorrow. i'm not adverse to riding if things are just a bit damp, but full on muddy will not be good.

if someone would PM me with some directions on how to shuttle, i would be much obliged. anyone?
I don't want to ride the same lame-o xc loop there.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
DUKESofTAH0E said:
oya i was out in fullstone today looking out towrds the pinenuts and they looked pretty much clear of snow couldnt really get a good look with the cloud cover but if its sunny tomorrow we should have no problem ridding.
how was fullstone. did you drop all the way down towards gardnerville? how was the coverage? it looked like the snow got a bit melty as they day went on yesterday.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
coverage is awsome out there didnt do the valley run cuz i was on the clock but tomorrow morning if the weathers good were going all the way down. i'll pm you the info for tomorrow afternoon