Quantcast

Ping DH Girlie

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stoney98 said:
You do realize we're the top of the food chain for a reason right? You wouldn't make it a week in true wilderness.
Yes I do realize that and I'm not even a Berkeley graduate!

I just don't like spiders or bugs...what's the big deal? If I HAD to survive a week in the true wildnerness sure I could...as long as I could bring all the food I'd need and my diabetic supplies...living off the land...probably not...I'd probably die or get really sick.

I find it hard to believe there is nothing in the world that creeps you out...you DO have quite the temper though...would you be able to survive in the real world without flaring up and wishing death upon people? :p

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
dh girlie said:
Look at that thing! who would want to be in the water with that f'er! I don't want to hear ANYONE make fun of me for not wanting to be in the water with the Carp! :nope: :angry:

Exactly!!!! That is an example of a reason fresh water fish creep me out.....just nasty and ugly and nasty and ugly :dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
I agree...did you see Stephen King's IT? That f'n sewer dwellin clown! Another reason sewer workers deserve a good wage...they have to deal with evil clowns!
Is that the movie where they break out the really $hittily done spider at the end?

That clown was fuggin' FREAKY. Dammit.

-S.S.-

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
FYI — October 2002
By Brad Dunn

Attack of the Sturgeon
"Call it a Sturgeon General Warning, but boaters in Florida beware: These hefty fish have been getting airborne a lot lately and turning themselves into explosive cruise missiles.

Collisions between sturgeon and boaters are on the rise this year in the freshwater rivers of Florida, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal. Sturgeon, which have increased in number after they were classified a threatened species in 1991, can grow more than six feet long and weigh up to 500 pounds, making them particularly dangerous projectiles.

Take the case of Danny Cordero, 19, who was cruising the Suwannee River on a PWC with his girlfriend this past Fourth of July. A sturgeon jumped out of the water and knocked them both off the vehicle before they could react. “I don’t remember anything,” Cordero told the local newspaper. “My girlfriend said it was like hitting a brick wall.” The couple suffered minor injuries but were able to swim to shore.

On Memorial Day weekend, Lacy Redd, 34, an elementary school principal from Gainesville, Florida, suffered five broken ribs when a five-foot-long, 150-pound sturgeon shot out of the water into her family’s boat and knocked her out. She said her family never saw it coming.

Boaters of the Suwannee River say such fish collisions are on the rise not only because the fish are multiplying, but because boat traffic has increased. Making matters worse, male sturgeon can leap extraordinarily high out of the water during spawning season.

Just ask the Gilchrist County sheriff’s department. A few summers ago a sheriff’s deputy was patrolling the river in a boat when a 106-pound sturgeon exploded through the windshield and knocked him down. “When he called in on the radio, they didn’t believe him at first,” says sheriff’s chief Harvey Montgomery.

Keeping a careful eye out for leaping fish is probably the best way to safeguard yourself against a surprise sturgeon attack. If you’re boating in known sturgeon spawning areas, be especially cautious. You never know when—or where—they may strike."

Source: http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/news/fyi1002/

World Record Sturgeon

468 pounds, caught in the Carquinez Straits, California, in 1983. Many larger white sturgeon have been caught commercially, including a 1387-pounder taken in the Fraser River, British Columbia, in 1897. There has also been a 1200-pounder caught near the golden gate bridge...