Quantcast

Pink Floyd - Roger Waters, one stage, same time

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Um, I love Pink Floyd but to me their genius was always in the studio. It'll be interesting to see but...the strongest reaction I can muster is intense ambivalence.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
I agree. It's all pretty irrellevant. I'm just shocked they actualy agreed to do it. This is afterall one of the biggest fueds in Rock history.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
OGRipper said:
Um, I love Pink Floyd but to me their genius was always in the studio. It'll be interesting to see but...the strongest reaction I can muster is intense ambivalence.
Yup. I agree. I saw both incarnations of Pink Floyd live, the Roger Waters/Eric Clapton incarnation and the David Gilmore incarnation. My Father saw both of those incarnations and the actual band. He says at no point were they ever actually a "great live band" and more of a event. But he says the David Gilmore incarnation was the best. I would agree. Maybe I saw Roger Waters on a bad night, or he just plain sucks as a singer. But he sucked still the same. Much of his show was played against a recording. The rest of his band could keep pace and knew the songs better then Roger. He seemed bored as did Eric Clapton.