Quantcast

pinkbike scam??

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i wouldnt trust unless the guy has a valid excuse for selling that cheap.may be stolen as well.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'd like to know where someone int he USA got a mint 224 cheap enough to sell it already. There is no official distribution in the USA, so getting a frame is both costly and time consuming.

SuperJ

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Tahoe
the Inbred said:
shut up, guys. i'm gonna get a sweetass deal on a sweetass frame.
I hope your kidding. I would bet my middle nut that this person is a terrorist trying to scam you to pay for WMD's.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for quick reply. The shipping costs to you will be around 90$. I will pay half of them , so you will have to pay about 45$.
I am willing to use an escrow service, a shipping company, they will handle shipping and payment in a secure way for both, I think this is the best way and safe.

I am waiting your answer if you accept so we can make the arrangements.

Regards,
Christopher

jts

Chimp
May 19, 2004
that clown has multiple bikes on pinkbike. for pure comedy, ask him a question.

q: what size is the bike? what are the components?

a: There are no dents!

cacocker

Chimp
Mar 30, 2006
I have been exchanging emails. He seems legitimate, even willing to use escrow and if i am unsatisfied i can return for a refund. currently i am asking which escrow he plans on using. if the company checks out, is there any reason i shouldnt go thru?

NORTON

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Littleton CO
jonKranked said:
some people purchase euro plates online for their front bumper to try and look cool. :redX:

also it looks like his brakes are setup odd, front brake on right. I heard that was how they do it in Euro-land.

cacocker

Chimp
Mar 30, 2006
I just got off the phone with United Shipping (the company he was going to use). DO NOT BUY!! It is a scam and United Shipping has turned it over to the FBI. I spoke with Greg Treco the United Shipping Manager in Denver about this. He knew all about this wonderful mountain bike and apparently a number of people have taken the bait.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i asked to meet him and pick it up...

Hi Dustin,

I have an account open at shipping company, they have my bike in their custody, so I have to use them

jts

Chimp
May 19, 2004
not to slag on anyone, but i'm amazed that these scammers are as successul as they are. i e-mailed the same Dbag about an epic, his form e-mail came back, and it had scam written all over it. i asked a follow-up question and it was obvious this guy was fake. unless a seller is ready and able to give you a phone number, tell you where they are, are at least open to having a friend in the neighborhood (hell, make one up) do the pick up and pay cash, and can answer some basic tech questions or offer a custom photo ("how about a better pic of the crank"), then it's not worth it.