Quantcast

Pinkbike...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Holy hell, this thread rules.

Can someone explain to me what is the deal with pinkbike? Are these pic galleries of these crazy bikes for real?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
stiksandstones said:
True, I just stopped even browsing it years ago because they were stealing all my racing/gossip images and putting their watermark on them.
yeah go ahead and blame the site for that. If it bothered you that much why didn't you contact them and ask for the pics to be removed from the gallery?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Acadian said:
yeah go ahead and blame the site for that. If it bothered you that much why didn't you contact them and ask for the pics to be removed from the gallery?
It did bother me, I did contact them-took about 12 days for the images to be removed, it was not in the gallery, it was used in the news section...some dude from pinkbike apologized at the bike show that year, so I let it go-anger wise...I just chose to not look at the site anymore.

Truce?
;)

rmhasnoclass

Chimp
May 28, 2006
real classy guys. as if that site has any contrlover what pix people post. i am sure if i look i can find less than smart stuff on this website.

the fact the admin here allows this shows a total lack of taste and decorum.

and yes this is a blunt smarten up to the admin.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
our lack decorum? i don't think RM has any problems whatsoever with its interior design. the feng shui between the kitchin and dining area is fabulous!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and for the record the fact that pinkbike admin allows people to sell those atrocities people are claiming as "bikes" is a crime against humanity. i've frankensteined stuff together in my day, but not like this. some of these bikes are like trying to get coyote to mate with a giraffe. it goes against the laws of nature and just won't work.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
From what I can see, the trials frame pictured above does not have a thru-axle or horizontal dropouts. Doesn't that mean that the rear skewer is only being held in by a quick-release and no frame members? I would think it'd pop out pretty quickly given there's no metal above it.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
According to who exactly? Just because a bike doesn't suit the RM Elitests doesn't mean its junk. Yeah, a super monster equipt hardtail might ride like blobby ass, but if the kid is having a good time on it, and is stoked on riding, **** it. Run it son, and have a blast.

Its funny that some of the people on this site choose to make fun of little kids building admittedly silly bikes, while you snobs continue to build world cup calibre bikes and worry about the most ridiculous tech details all the while being sport riders at best.

If you can't see the hypocracy in you actions, I worry more for you then for the kids.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
there comes a time when a bike build crosses the line from interesting/bizarre/silly/out of the ordinary to just being flat out dangerous.

the monster t converted to a single crown: dangerous.

the hardtail with a super monster: dangerous (unless the frame is insanely overbuilt [in this case, it honeslty doesn't look it], it will not be able to withstand the forces associated with the geometry changes from having a front end that moves a foot)

the upside-down trials frame: dangerous.

see a pattern? PB is known not only for allowing this pattern, but to seemingly encourage it. it's only a matter of time until someone from PB wins a Darwin Award.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
jonKranked said:
there comes a time when a bike build crosses the line from interesting/bizarre/silly/out of the ordinary to just being flat out dangerous.

the monster t converted to a single crown: dangerous.

the hardtail with a super monster: dangerous (unless the frame is insanely overbuilt [in this case, it honeslty doesn't look it], it will not be able to withstand the forces associated with the geometry changes from having a front end that moves a foot)

the upside-down trials frame: dangerous.

see a pattern? PB is known not only for allowing this pattern, but to seemingly encourage it. it's only a matter of time until someone from PB wins a Darwin Award.

Sorry dude, but thats just ridiculous. Everything you pointed out was either a joke (SC monster), planned (Super Monster hardtail was built for it) or just general stupidity. So the kid pops in a longer shock into his frame, screws the geometry and the bike rides like crap. He'll learn soon enough.

That statement about "they not only allow it but encourage it" is just plain silly. Its content uploaded to tiher site. Its mountain bike related. Its not like they are starting a race series dropping CCM's off 30 foot walls. Last time i checked, they were a user-drriven website, not the mountain bike police. Its not up to them to tell people what they can or cannot ride, anymore then its my job with Dropmachine.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
rmhasnoclass said:
real classy guys. as if that site has any contrlover what pix people post. i am sure if i look i can find less than smart stuff on this website.

the fact the admin here allows this shows a total lack of taste and decorum.

and yes this is a blunt smarten up to the admin.
this post is a perfect example of why i dont go to pinkbike anymore. go on their forums. can you understand half the crap they say?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dropmachine.com said:
Sorry dude, but thats just ridiculous. Everything you pointed out was either a joke (SC monster)
coming from PB i wasn't quite sure whether or not that was the case. looks like i was wrong on this one.

dropmachine.com said:
planned (Super Monster hardtail was built for it)
a terrible plan at that.

dropmachine.com said:
or just general stupidity
yes, and also dangerous, like i said. as stgil888 said, that bike has plain ol' vertical dropouts w/ a qr. having the frame upside down and riding it is asking for the wheel to come out of the frame. and the fork is so raked out that the steerer tube is just asking to break off. sounds dangerous (as well as stupid) to me.

dropmachine.com said:
That statement about "they not only allow it but encourage it" is just plain silly.
congratualtions! you got the point on that one! Sheesh, you'd think the Darwin Award comment would key people in :clue:

Yes I understand that PB is a user driven site and not the MBP. So we criticize a few bikes. Like I previously stated, there comes a time where these things cross the line from different to dangerous. Personally, I'd rather learn something is stupid by taking some criticism than a trip to the hospital, but thats just my $.02

OH NOES!!! I MADE FUN OF SOMEONE ELSES BIKEZ!!! HERE THEY COME!!1!