Quantcast

Pinkbike...

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
I never spend any time on pinkbike, whats the joke about?

it looks to me like a bunch of huckin jerry rigged redneck bikes if you ask me. am i right on? Man those norcos are ugly, id rather ride my plastic tricycle from when i was 6 years old.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
jeez...you just couldn't let the thread die....so lets bash some more riders....no wonder why MTBR's can't stick together...D

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
I never spend any time on pinkbike, whats the joke about?

it looks to me like a bunch of huckin jerry rigged redneck bikes if you ask me. am i right on? Man those norcos are ugly, id rather ride my plastic tricycle from when i was 6 years old.
Those plastic tricycles were way cool....the low rider style ones with the ape-hanger bars. Rear wheels had zero traction so get the back end out side ways was real easy. And sitting 20mm of the asphalt meant a super low c.o.g. I was drifting on my trike at 4 years old!

Considering these awesome custom rigs in here thouh I think I need some Monster T's for it though :biggrin:

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
jeez...you just couldn't let the thread die....so lets bash some more riders....no wonder why MTBR's can't stick together...D

hey didnt you just move to Canada, wish i could move their, i think i would fit in real well.

Are you going to repost your pros and cons now that its winter time?

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
kind of a mix between ellsworth and banshee. oh and lets not forget frankenstein.
In Rome this year, I rode and reviewed the AluTech for an Italian MTB magazine - the first frame in your pic. It had a Rohloff, 888 and some brakes I did not recognize. The unfortunately named company is from Germany. I have to say, maybe the builder is also an apelike freak like me because this was the only DH/FR bike I've ever ridden that felt very good first time, like it was my own bike - in fact it pedaled very efficiently, like a Bullit in it's middle ring, or a Sunday or my own VP free (when platform fully engaged). Usually there's an adjustment period when I hop on anyone else's bike but this thing handled impressively. Not sure about durability and I don't know anything about the company story - I let the magazine editor figure all that out. But it rode very well on a combination of pedally traversing and a rocky intermediate level race course type track.