Quantcast

pipeline protests?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I find it quite disturbing that there has been little if anything on the news about it. I watch a little news when I get home and all I've seen is what some facebook friends have posted. Crazy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I find it quite disturbing that there has been little if anything on the news about it. I watch a little news when I get home and all I've seen is what some facebook friends have posted. Crazy.
it might make a great campaign stop.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i also read somewhere that the reason it's going through the standing rock reservation is because the (white) residents of some nearby area voted that they didn't want it going through their region because of the risk of water contamination. need to find a source for this.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
They took our land... that protest?
More along the lines of Dakota Access Pipeline building across historical treaty land and failing to do due diligence for cultural burial sites. The excess military hardware the North Dakota Sheriff's departments are demonstrating against unarmed protesters should be disturbing to any observer.

Economically the pipeline is meh at best considering the current and projected productivity of the Bakken.

The actions of the corporation and the implicit support from local government and law enforcement are sadly quite representative of many people in the Dakotas..

#shouldhadmoregummidicks?

Last edited:

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Asked for $5k, got $1M

The crowdsourcing goal was modest: $5,000, enough to help a few dozen people camping in North Dakota to protest the nearby construction of the four-state Dakota Access oil pipeline. The fund has since topped a staggering $1 million.

The fund is among several cash streams that have provided at least $3 million to help with legal costs, food and other supplies to those opposing the nearly 1,200-mile pipeline. It may also give protesters the ability to prolong their months-long encampments that have attracted thousands of supporters, as the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe pursues the fight in court.