Quantcast

pisgah shuttles

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
i have tried this before with no luck, but i am wondering if anyone wants to do some shuttle runs in pisgah on tuesday, the 28th of next week. i will be down for it at any time of day
let me know

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Shuttle runs in pisgah? Haven't we gone over this before once? Twice? Three Times? O'Wait I think more than 3 times!!! :disgust1: I will be glad to "Ride in Pisgah" this weekend if you will be still around then? I work 9 to 5 Mon through Fri.

PM Bizutch, he sometimes can get away from work during the week.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Rob thats cool to see that, look how the last one just drops the fvck off, I love that ****. Nice to see the climbing compared to the decent, good sh!t.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Rob thats cool to see that, look how the last one just drops the fvck off, I love that ****. Nice to see the climbing compared to the decent, good sh!t.

I feel MUCH better seeing the climb isn't just 2 miles, but I can't blame the guy I can barely speak when we get to the top, much less do math.

He has Headley as well, but hasnt sent it to me.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I feel MUCH better seeing the climb isn't just 2 miles, but I can't blame the guy I can barely speak when we get to the top, much less do math.

He has Headley as well, but hasnt sent it to me.
Yeah when Jeff told me your first calculation and said you told him 1 1/2 miles out climbing, I started to think I was really a bitch on the climbs, not that Im not a bitch on the climbs anyway, but seeing that it is almost 3 1/2 up makes me feel better. And Cecil you have ridden there, Im confused about your comment. :huh:

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
not too sure why the hostility here. i just wanted to ride farlow gap and didn't feel like riding the whole way up there, thats all. i think if everyone toned down on the self righteousness a bit that would be great. and also i have never shuttled a single run in pisgah, i just suggest it because i thought it would be more likely to get responders. i am new to here and was looking to get some riding buddies but now i am not sure that i would want to assosciate with most of you. have a good day

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
not too sure why the hostility here. i just wanted to ride farlow gap and didn't feel like riding the whole way up there, thats all. i think if everyone toned down on the self righteousness a bit that would be great. and also i have never shuttled a single run in pisgah, i just suggest it because i thought it would be more likely to get responders. i am new to here and was looking to get some riding buddies but now i am not sure that i would want to assosciate with most of you. have a good day
Welcome to the south forum brother.
Pay no mind to what you think is hate. Oddly enough, there is a lot of love but most of what you're reading is just inside jokes. People in the South are good people...if not, we just bury their bodies in the National Forest.:brows:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
And who was being negative? Maybe you need to lighten up a bit. I looked back through this thread and couldnt find any negative comments directed towards you?:huh: I shuttle and pedal, I could care less what anyone else is doing unless it puts our trails in jeopardy. And in your last thread Kenan said he would meet you out there and you couldnt make it. Just dont see where you are coming from with the whole "i am new here and was looking to get some riding buddies but now im not sure i would want to a associate with most of you". Thats definatley not gonna get you any more people to ride with. Have a good day sir.

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
hey buddy, here's how it is. i was just trying to find some people to ride with, so i put up a post. plenty of people replied, but not any wanting to ride. several of them were about my apparent foolishness for even proposing such an absurd idea. obviously there is some sort of locals take on shuttling that is not too favorable. i understand how things like that work. i've been a local at places with a high tourism rate and you look at everyone with a skeptical eye. i also know that kind of attitude accomplishes nothing but leaving a sour taste in people's mouth. and maybe it's karma that it happened to me this time, but i still don't appreciate it and i will let that be known. i also don't appreciate your high and mighty attitude towards me in your post. i was not writing off everyone in my statement, but i am not going to waste my time on someone who talks about me like i won't understand what they are saying. you can save yourself a reply because internet battles are of the least interest to me and i won't be following up on this post anymore.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Wow talk about missing the point. :banghead: Whatever. And good Kenan, maybe you 2 can hook up and ride then. I dont think that danielsapps comment was directed towards him, but if thats how he feels I could care less. Really this fvcking board has more god damn cry babys on it and the # just keeps growing, daily.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Just for the record I'll ride in the back of truck anytime it gets me out of pedaling. Not that I have anything against pedaling I'm just lazy. And Daniel is right to get to the real juice you gotta sweat a little. But it was a pretty harsh statement that could have been left out.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Really, lets start a fvcking pitty party, like I said I dont think daniels comment was directed towards anyone, and besides the fact he is right. Really Im done with this.:bonk:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Alright...that's it John. I wasn't gonna do this - but now I'm gonna have to get up extra early on Monday so I can call you on your commute to let you know how great Diablo is. :rofl:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Alright...that's it John. I wasn't gonna do this - but now I'm gonna have to get up extra early on Monday so I can call you on your commute to let you know how great Diablo is. :rofl:
I'll be waiting for your call, .........................................dickhead.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ok let it be known anyone here would be glad to ride with anyone here in the South. We are all brothers of the same sport. We all like to ride whether its climbing to ride downhill or shuttling to ride downhill. We all have done it and are willing to do it to get our trill on going down a sweet downhill. I think the main problem is working times out when people can get together. And all that crap about shuttling in Pisgah is just "Inside Crap" that went on a while back. We all laugh at it now.

On that note, anyone up for a group ride somewhere this weekend? Its been a month plus sense I did a good big group ride. Yes Shuttling!!!! I am good sat from 8am till around 2:30, have to be somewhere at 4 in Greenville. Sunday I am good most of the day.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Screw you guys and your Diablo trip. :disgust1: :blah: Im going to Bootleg in Oct. so .......................................... there.

And Cecil I would love to, but cant, im waiting for baby, could be any day now. My little hellrazer (my first boy) will be here soon.:rockout:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Screw you guys and your Diablo trip. :disgust1: :blah: Im going to Bootleg in Oct. so .......................................... there.

And Cecil I would love to, but cant, im waiting for baby, could be any day now. My little hellrazer (my first boy) will be here soon.:rockout:
He will change you world!!!! My son is alreay 21lbs and 27" long. Standing up but not walking yet. Not to bad at only 7 months old. He was grabing my thumb this moring while we were all in Bed watching CNN and twisting it like he had a Throttle in his hand. I think he was telling me somthing!!!!! I am so happy!!!!