Quantcast

Pisgah trail recommendation!!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Hey folks, ok, so heading to Pisgah in about 3 weeks! so doing some DH/FR, and DJ'n, so wanted to get some recommendations on trails to ride, and maybe some other close spots to do some dirt jumping and what not..

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Bennet Gap, Avery Creek, Pilot rock, Big Rock, Greenslick are all winners.

Good suggestions, bennett is closed for the summer though.

Are you open to climbing?

If so, there's endless options. A good ride to show you the ropes is as follows:

Park at the black mtn parking area off of 276.

Pedal out and take a right on 276

Right on FR 477 towards the stables.

Right at the stables, up clawhammer road.

Right on maxwell cove rd.

Right on Black Mountain Trail...bear right at the intersection of black mtn/thrift cove.

Left on the gravel at the bottom

Right on Grass rd.

Left on Sycamore cove

Right on 276 back to car.

After you do that, get a map and start exploring!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
YEAH, wannabeabonedoc from VA who I'm going up there with said theres less shuttling and more climb and then ride.. so I'm not to worried about that, bringing the clips so I should be good in that department.. how apart Dirt jumps? I'm still kind of new to jumping, anything good with a wide range of begenner to expert?

Good suggestions, bennett is closed for the summer though.

Are you open to climbing?

If so, there's endless options. A good ride to show you the ropes is as follows:

Park at the black mtn parking area off of 276.

Pedal out and take a right on 276

Right on FR 477 towards the stables.

Right at the stables, up clawhammer road.

Right on maxwell cove rd.

Right on Black Mountain Trail...bear right at the intersection of black mtn/thrift cove.

Left on the gravel at the bottom

Right on Grass rd.

Left on Sycamore cove

Right on 276 back to car.

After you do that, get a map and start exploring!

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
yeah def plan on climbing if you want to ride pisgah's better stuff..

If you want to work on your jumping, berm skills, etc, climb up to greenslick via ingles field at bent creek. Its a fun climb and a fun descent for all skill levels.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ah just because its been a while since anyone hated on a Shuttling thread (and we rocked this ride Saturday, along with riding Greenslick without a shuttle). Here is probably one of the best rides in Pisgah if you can arrange the shuttle. Just remember that you MUST NOT ride your bike until you get to the sign that indicates it is a Bike accessable trail.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5911386

Summary Data
Total Time (h:m:s) 2:00:41 10:50 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:04:45 5:48 pace
Distance (mi ) 11.13
Moving Speed (mph) 10.3 avg. 39.0 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +560 / -3,085

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
Where do you shuttle to for Greenslick?Also there are a couple of pumptracks,dirtjumps,and a straight up slalom and downhill course in the area also. There is some pretty intense stuff inTurkypen too.Anything in Pisgah is good.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
We didnt shuttle Greenslick, I dont think you can. We started in that small parkin lot and you climb from there. It is a nice climb, 3 stages really, the one before 5 points is the steepest and the 1st and last are fairly easy and one has a great overlook you will pedal by on your right. If you go do that then hit up Laurel or Trace, or both, thats a good day of riding. Cant wait to do it again.