Quantcast

Pisgah trailriding pictures from today

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
It was almost a washout with the whole pouring rain the whole drive up thing, but we worked it out. Since we didnt' want to trash any trails, we just chose the rockiest trail we knew and rode that. We drove up to the base of Pilot Rock trail, and since we were low on time we just hiked up the descent then turned around at the top. It was nice and wet but the trail is literally almost all rocks so no worries. Heres some cool pictures.

Looking glass falls, notice all the rain on my lens.

The bikes were soaked by the time we unloaded but the rain had stopped.

We took pictures on all the cool sections as we hiked up, so this tour is bottom to top for those of you that have ridden pilot.

This is a really cool rock section. Pisgah is awesome.

we got higher up and it started to get really foggy, it was really cool up there.

Lots of bare rock up there on pilot.

The mist pictures were taken way up near the top of pilot rock, so from there we descended down through all the other stuff on the trail. Its one of my favorites.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
damn, shorts and a T, it was upper 40's here today though it did rain all day though..... good to see someone got out anyway....

diggin the 5th shot for some reason.....

most of the trails around here still have a good bit of snow and ice on them.....

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Castle said:
damn, shorts and a T, it was upper 40's here today though it did rain all day though..... good to see someone got out anyway....

diggin the 5th shot for some reason.....

most of the trails around here still have a good bit of snow and ice on them.....
It wasn't too cold up there, just wet. It was a good little ride for sure, we were warm until we got up to the very top.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
5th one is the best, I love seeing you guys in DIRT RAG.

I really want to come and ride down there. I wish I had money this spring to do it.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
hey tpirate...i was in greenville tues and rode paris mtn
rode up from amphitheatre including that damn hincapie 'wall'
then hit busey (sp?) ridge, climbed back up
did the mountain leg loop
then hit busey ridge again
not used to all that climbing, but can't wait to hit that trail when its clear. all the deadfall was a bummer but i could still see the potential of the trail, especially around the backside of the lake, and the descent down to the lake too
will definitely make a trip out there again
pisgah looks like a blast as well
as always great pics :thumb: