Quantcast

Pit Aikido

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was at Treasure Island Music Festival yesterday, and during TV On The Radio, I was very close to the stage.

I tend to stay in one spot and not move very much, but people kept putting their elbows into me and josling me.

I ended up having to use my slam dancing experience by pushing people, using my elbows, and making a little space without going totally aggro.

Anyone else familiar with this?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last time, nirvana 1991.

A person made it a point to elbow and punch me every time he made the rounds in the pit. He was warned twice not to do it again. Third time he goes by, he does it again. The fourth time he came around I elbowed him in the head and sent him into the support column in the center of the floor at the old 9:30 Club.

I might have ruined his night.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Dropkick Murphy's a few months back - I was on the edge of the pit, so I expected to get an occasional punch, body slam, etc.

Well one little pinhead decided to plant his feet and just punch straight in front of him - which was right at me. No reason for it, his back was to the stage, the pit was wide open... just a kid trying to be tough or something.

Had to "correct" his behavior... he wasn’t that tough after all. Then again neither am I anymore – his skull bruised my hand.

RaindogT

Monkey
Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City
My first thought was 'dog breed(s)' Figured you got a pup that was a pit and Akita mix.... I'm not quite right today-- Aikido = Akita? FAIL...:huh:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Ramones concert in 94. I used some steven segal moves on one douche who wasn't moshin, but just out right beating on people. As soon as I saw him hit a girl 2x and continue to stomp on her while she was going down I grabbed his wrist and vulcan death gripped his tricept and beat his face with his own fist.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
I was at Treasure Island Music Festival yesterday, and during TV On The Radio, I was very close to the stage.

I tend to stay in one spot and not move very much, but people kept putting their elbows into me and josling me.

I ended up having to use my slam dancing experience by pushing people, using my elbows, and making a little space without going totally aggro.

Anyone else familiar with this?
we see this all the time when we put too many rats into a colony.

plus some of the rats start homo-loving. NTTIAWWT