Quantcast

Pit Bulls

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Where did I mention you saying anything about banning them??
And yes i have placed a prejudice on you but not even close to the way you prejudice pitbulls and appereantly all their owners...
Your talking in a really serious discussion here but you clearly have no further knowledge about the breed other then what you have read in the media so yes I think you should either get informed or keep out of it.

Oh and the insurance thing is no problem, we have insurance for our dog because theres allways a possibility of it running under a car and causing damage, it could also get attacked by a poodle and it would defend itself but it would never attack the poodle by itself.
I know this because I have experiance with the dog and i trust it.

All the images you see in the media are only the bad owner type dogs but I bet youve never seen one like this one of my girlfriend and our dog...
Vicious huh :cupidarrow:
Albeit not exactly the same, I see people bash heelers. I also know I have one that might bite someone. He won't do it unprovoked, but he might if he were. Your dog is the same, however, he is more dangerous.

I don't call all pit owners irresponsible, but around here, dogs chained in yards and such, I do have a generalization. Yes, that is discounting some things, but it's what it is here. I just hope you never have issues.

Cheers and thanks for posting pics of your girlfriend. :D

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Albeit not exactly the same, I see people bash heelers. I also know I have one that might bite someone. He won't do it unprovoked, but he might if he were. Your dog is the same, however, he is more dangerous.

I don't call all pit owners irresponsible, but around here, dogs chained in yards and such, I do have a generalization. Yes, that is discounting some things, but it's what it is here. I just hope you never have issues.

Cheers and thanks for posting pics of your girlfriend. :D
Haha no worries man.
I totally understand theres a pitbulls problem in the US, but its actually a owner problem and its not the dogs.
And my gf says thanks :biggrin:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Which one is your girlfriend?

Where did I mention you saying anything about banning them??
And yes i have placed a prejudice on you but not even close to the way you prejudice pitbulls and appereantly all their owners...
Your talking in a really serious discussion here but you clearly have no further knowledge about the breed other then what you have read in the media so yes I think you should either get informed or keep out of it.

Oh and the insurance thing is no problem, we have insurance for our dog because theres allways a possibility of it running under a car and causing damage, it could also get attacked by a poodle and it would defend itself but it would never attack the poodle by itself.
I know this because I have experiance with the dog and i trust it.

All the images you see in the media are only the bad owner type dogs but I bet youve never seen one like this one of my girlfriend and our dog...
Vicious huh :cupidarrow:

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
I think it is extremely sad what has happened to the pit bull.
I hear so many dumb ass comments concerning the breed,
but if you know the history of them, its easy to see that low class humans ruined the breed.
One misconception is that because the dogs would fight one another that they were mean.
A gazillion years ago when dogfighting finally became illegal in England, these dog owners quickly realized how the dog made an awesome family dog. Since these dogs were bred to fight each other, they were also bred to never attack their handler.
Any human aggression was bred out of the dog. Just like with Labs, a Lab is no good if you go to take the duck out his mouth and he bites you. So they were bred to work with humans.
Their owners discovered that they were extremely loyal and great with children. The dogs were energetic and had a high tolerance for pain. So if a child pulled its tail or stepped on its foot, it would not bite. In England, the dog was called a Stafforshire Bull Terrier, and its nickname became "the nanny dog" because it was known for babysitting children. They also made horrible guard dogs, because they would lick you in the face instead of protecting your home.
Fast forward many years to the American Pit Bull Terrier which is just a bigger dog than the one in England, and it had the same qualities as well.
Remember Petey from the Little Rascals, he is a good example of the old school Pit.
But somewhere along the line, because the dogs looked so tough, it became the dog of choice for asshats. And because these idiots thought that a tough dog should be mean, they started breeding the mean ones. So that when they walked down the street, their penis would feel bigger. Also, drug dealers tried to use Pits to guard their stash, but they sucked at it, so they started breeding the bad ones to try to make them guard dogs. This stuff was going on even back in the 70's. So now of course they are way worse with every ignorant street thug being drug around by one.
The only thing the dog itself is guilty of is being incredibly strong, and too loyal to its owner.
From the right blood line, they still make incredible dogs. There is a reason so many people love them.
From the wrong bloodline, they make the news.
People suck.
nice post...........:cheers:

tanja

Chimp
Nov 16, 2004
Sorry, I'm not a regular poster, but I just wanted to post an addition to Jeremy R's post:

These dogs used to be bred for fighting-competition, a judge had to be 'in' the fight and not get harmed. So the dogs would therefore be bred with 'people-kindness' as a big quality. The owners of the dogs had to wash and take care of the competitive dog, so there again this quality was very important. Hostile dogs where put down and automatically this would create a friendly bloodline.

Bad owners can make any dog dangerous.

In Holland, these dogs have to have a pedigree and when you want to use one for breeding, you have to have the dog tested for a social exceptable behaviour. Now I have to tell you, my dog is the kind of dog people drewl over and say he's cute and all, but he won't EVER make that test! He's not at all aggressive btw, he is the cutest thing ever, just not big with strangers.

My parents have an amstaff and it's the cutest most friendly dog I've ever met, but people always take a detour when they see her. They'll run up and pet my dog though... fools ;-)

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Sorry, I'm not a regular poster
You're forgiven.

These dogs used to be bred for fighting-competition, a judge had to be 'in' the fight and not get harmed. So the dogs would therefore be bred with 'people-kindness' as a big quality. The owners of the dogs had to wash and take care of the competitive dog, so there again this quality was very important. Hostile dogs where put down and automatically this would create a friendly bloodline.

Bad owners can make any dog dangerous.
To correct you a little bit, and also add to what you and other informed people have said, there's no judge at these fights. It's the two owners of the dogs that stand in the ring all the time while the fight goes on. The dogs, every now and then, go into a clinch (I think that's what it's called) and have to be separated, just like two boxxers.

Then, the dogs are moved to their corners and washed with a sponge, so that eventual wounds can be checked. During these ~150 years that the breed, American Pit Bull Terrier, has excisted there has been an unwritten law that any dog that bites a human is euthanized.

That went for all dogs, no matter how big champs they were in the ring. The reason why they did this was because of the owners, the spectators, and their families back home, had to feel safe at all times. Ofcourse, this rule still aplies today among these people.

Genetics is a fact, the nazis pioneered in this and created some kind of brothels where selected women, and selected SS officers, were to breed the perfect arians; the lebensborn. In their short time the nazis, through reaserch that was done by Mengele and his likes, contributed to a great deal to post war science.

150 dog years equate 1050 human years, that is an enormous time of lived generations where human agressiveness has been bred out of this breed. It is those very bloodlines that make the APBT an extraordinary man loving being, among other extraordinary positive things.

Those of you who like to be manipulated into fear, choose another breed, or rather, turn that fear against suit wearing humans that title them selves as "politicians", as it is politicians and other humans that most likely will cause you harm. APBT's don't happen to make the worst guard dogs out of any reason at all...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Damned propaganda

Pit bulls maul sleeping woman after bursting through pet door
By Manuel Valdes and Brian Alexander

Seattle Times staff reporters

GIG HARBOR — Sue Ann Gorman was sleeping Tuesday morning when two angry pit bulls charged in and attacked her in what police are calling the worst mauling they've ever seen.

Gorman, 59, who spoke by phone from her Tacoma hospital room Tuesday night, said the dogs got in through her unlocked pet door about 9 a.m. as she snoozed with her service dog and a neighbor's Jack Russell terrier.

Her dog, a sheltie named Misty, fled the bedroom as soon as the pit bulls entered and was unharmed. But Romeo, the terrier, was attacked along with Gorman and was killed.

Gorman, who is disabled, initially tried to protect her neighbor's dog by throwing him in a closet and closing the door, but the pit bulls, owned by another neighbor, persisted.

She even pulled out a gun and tried to shoot the pit bulls, but the weapon wouldn't fire, she said. She grabbed a large stick and tried to beat the dogs away, but they continued to attack.

"It was jumping at me and ripping my arms," she recalled. "There's blood all over the place."

Gorman fled, grabbing the phone and dialing 911 as she ran to her car.

"This is the worst attack in my career in animal control," said Brian Boman, a Pierce County animal-control officer.

Boman arrived at Gorman's home in the 10600 block of 132nd Street Court Northwest shortly after she called for aid. He and Pierce County sheriff's deputies captured the two pit bulls, which were still loose inside the house, after a short struggle that involved the use of pepper spray.

Gorman suffered injuries to her face, arms and legs, Boman said. She was taken to St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, where she was in satisfactory condition Wednesday morning. She said she expects to be in the hospital until at least Friday.

Rick Russell, Gorman's next-door neighbor and Romeo's owner, said his terrier visited Gorman often, sometimes staying the night with her. The dog apparently went to Gorman's home after being with Russell's son earlier in the morning.

"Romeo probably walked into a nightmare," Russell said.

Shelly Wilson, who owns the pit bulls, Betty and Tank, said she's devastated by the attack.

"She's a good dog and we don't know what happened," she said of Betty.

Wilson said her dogs, which are mother and son, were chained in her back yard Monday night. Tuesday morning her son woke up and didn't see them, then noticed an ambulance two houses down.

Wilson said her family has known Gorman since they moved to the street seven or eight years ago.

"We would like to do whatever we can," Wilson said.

She added that she had received one complaint and no citations regarding the dogs before Tuesday's attack.

But Gorman and neighbors say Wilson's pit bulls have long terrorized the area.

Brad King said his five-pound papillon, Toby, was attacked inside his home when the two dogs entered through his open back door last summer. "They had Toby in their mouths," King said.

King was able to stop the attack, but Toby suffered a broken jaw.

Neal Fortner, who lives two houses down from Gorman, said the pit bulls came toward him snarling one morning as he tried to get into his car. He threw rocks to shoo them away.

"I can't believe she made it out her back door," he said of Gorman. "I'm just glad she made it with her life."

Gorman said she has called 911 previously when Betty charged her and Misty.

She said the animals should be shot.

"A lot of pit bulls are very sweet, but she's not at all," she said of Betty. "She's got a real mean streak in her."

The Pierce County Humane Society will keep the dogs in custody until a judge decides their fate.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said he hadn't heard of another case where dogs entered a pet door and attacked someone.

He added that deputies typically warn people to secure pet doors as a way to prevent burglaries.

King County animal officers also recalled no history of violent dogs entering homes through pet doors, but an attacking dog recently entered a house through an open front door, according to Bobbie Egan, a spokeswoman for King County Animal Services.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Yes, bad week for the pits. I'm glad the owners are taking responsibility. I saw a linked article where this will cause Seattle to look at a pit ban and one of the rescue folks brought up a good point this would only make thing worse. If you outlaw the breed, then the dogfight breeding and macho image flaming retards will be even MORE attracted to getting pits; making the problem worse.

LO is right on. Dog attacks will always happen with irresponsible owners.

Sep 9, 2007
lynnwood
i have had pitbulls most of my life and i have never had one bite anyone our even be anymore agressive than any other dog as amatter of fact i have found them to be the best dogs to have around kids they are very loving and eager to please
SO PETA CAN LICK MY BALLS!!!!!!

Attachments

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The biggest problem with pitbull bans (aside from the fact that most issues are owner related and the ban will accomplish nothing when they just breed them underground or find a new breed to fight), is that no one knows what the hell a pitbull is. There are so many definitions that these bans are impossible to enforce. I used to have an American Staffordshire Terrier, which is not a pitbull, and would constantly be harassed by people who in their infinite wisdom thought he was a pitbull. I now have an Olde English Bulldogge, which people confuse for a pitbull. People are SO afraid of pitbulls they think anything with short hair and a muscular build is a pitbull.

The reality is pitbulls are basically mutts, and are impossible to classify, which makes these bans ridiculous.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I think PETA should be banned from breeding.

"Pits" are great dogs. Even though most of them are really American Staffs. They are strong and have short hair so you can see how ripped they get so they attract horrible owners. My dog is ripped and if he had short hair, people wouldn't think he was so cute.