Quantcast

Pivot Mach 5

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i clicked on this thread hoping that it would be about a new razor. yet again i have been let down.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Alrighty, so....fantastic ride. The bike is solid as hell when pushing it, but soaks up the bumps. The dw-link is a rather impressive design. It comes in at 30lbs, but rides nothing like a 30lbs bike. Hopefully the weather holds this week.

For what it's worth, I have the bike set up with a 120mm Revelation. The floodgate is just about wide open. It compliments the rear suspension nicely, as it's solid in the flat, smooth stuff, but opens up when things get rough.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I thought it was going to be about a new razor too.
Now I have to keep shaving with my disposable girly razors.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So...gotta say, this bike is the real deal. must ride to fully appreciate what the DW-Link and ridiculous bb have to offer.

more pics will come when my I9s get installed.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin

and, it's complete.

featuring

and

(just got the QR adapters today)

Yea Larsen TT

Yea SB8

I've converted a fair amount of people over to Specialized Toupe saddles. This guy is a nice MTN compliment. Speccy's nailed saddle shape.

Tight fit on a medium 5" frame. Mach 4s have better clearance.

All thanks to...

comes in at 27lbs with bottle, pedals, and saddle bag. wheels are impressing me more with each ride (well, the rear at least. have yet to ride the front wheel). nice, solid build. love this bike.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Those are sick pics Dustin. Loco thats me. Getting a little ancy.
Got your frame ready for the build. I believe Jesse e-mailed you today and let you know what you'd be needing/ what we'd have to sell you (headset and front derailleur). I pulled a 30.9 Thomson post (black) in case you needed one. it was the last we had in stock.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
yeah...i just bought some refills last week. ugh. worse yet is that i've started shaving my legs again.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah...i just bought some refills last week. ugh. worse yet is that i've started shaving my legs again.
just wait until you have that crash that puts 8" of road rash on your legs...you'll be mighty thankful you kept them shaved...this is coming from a guy that had to go through about an hour and a half of having nurses and doctors pick hairs out and scrub my road rash:rant:...been shaving ever since :thumb: