Quantcast

Pixar's Up

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/up/

i saw it on saturday. i thought it was great. almost teared up in the first 10 minutes and in the "adventure book reprise" scene, too... the audience on saturday night was probably 1/4 kids, but the movie had so many grown-up references that i feel we got more out of it.

verdict: :thumb:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I saw it on Sunday, but it wasn't the 3D version (the wife was upset about that). We both really liked the movie. I was surprised at the number of sad scenes in the movie, but it had a good ending.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
All the pixar movies rock.

And they all have "grown up" references in them.

My fave is in Cars, when the two Miatas, Mia and Tia, flash their pop-up headlights at Lightning McQueen. And he says...."ooooh yyyyeah....I love being me....."

It's funny cuz it's like it was boobies.....

And now.....pick one and I will recite it to you. I seen them all 50000000 times.....

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
We saw the 3D version a week ago and I couldn't agree more. I love Pixar films and UP is their best yet, IMO.

I suspect Pixar will always = win. They are storytellers before they are moviemakers.
:stupid: I think that is what sets them apart. Other animation firms can do some great looking work, but their stories all fall flat. Pixar starts with an amazing idea, and then adds the great animation. I also love how they're made for both adults and kids.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
There is a really great Pixar documentary you can watch via Netflix. It's really interesting, involving a connection to the great artists responsible for the early legendary Disney works. To see how Pixar was created, and is now grown to be the driving creative force for Disney today is equally as inspiring as all of the gem stories Pixar have created.

Anyways, yeah Up is another really good one. Funny that the most popular Pixar works like Nemo and Cars are works that i'm not high on.

Oh yah, 3-D is not necessary to enjoy UP. i honestly forgot about the 3-D after the trailers, and was immersed in the story right off the gate.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My daughter said the 3D was cool, but the movie kinda sucked. I didn't see it with her, she went with mom.

May 25, 2009
I saw it on Sunday, but it wasn't the 3D version (the wife was upset about that). We both really liked the movie. I was surprised at the number of sad scenes in the movie, but it had a good ending.
the 3D version isnt all that different. you didn't miss out. it's an amazing movie either way

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Not as many "wacka wacka wacka" moments as some of their other films, but I thought this was their best movie/story bar none.

The short about the clouds before the movie was hilarious also!

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I am glad that I am not the only one who is into this movie. I've been hearing great things and I am am probably going to go see it this weekend. Movies rarely excite me. Why is Pixar the only outfit in Hollywood capable of telling an original story?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
almost teared up in the first 10 minutes and in the "adventure book reprise" scene, too
I did tear up ... no almost about it ... those two scenes were very poignant ... incredibly well-crafted film.

And Dug was awesome. I have a dog that looks and acts the same.