Quantcast

Pizza Styles (or stuff we have already discussed)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Lunas was not on there. Is that a style, or a place? The list didn't really feature places i.e. restaurants, but maybe a town if that town had a particular style of pie. For example, a Dayton style pizza is a thing, originated in Dayton, OH. There was (still is?) a pizza joint in my hometown who's pies were very similar to the picture and description for this style. And, Dayton is only a few hours from my hometown, so it tracks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Never had a well executed style of pizza I didn't like.

But NY and Neapolitan the best. The equivalent of a glass of good scotch on the rocks vs some 20 ingredient drink served in a novelty cup.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Luna pizza is a Central New York style, mostly Syracuse. I think it was made with more dough to fill the nine catholic kids up with something cheaper than the cheese, sauce and meat. Very tasty, and very filling. Also very portable.
Basically a triangular Stromboli/Calzone, really.
1615225702606.jpeg

1615225799454.jpeg

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Our local joint has a "calzone" type thing called a "Four Point." It's soooo tasty.

"Ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, garlic, Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, fior di latte, arugula, prosciutto, shaved parmigiano"

1615226020331.png

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If I had to pick one pizza to eat forever, it would be from New Haven: Frank Pepe's brick oven white pie with bacon and fresh clams.

FrankPepe_ClamBaconPizza_0.jpg

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sorry but "Artisanal" is not a style of pizza. Any style of pizza can be prepared in an artisanal way. To me, "artisanal" just means a step up in care for every aspect, from ingredients, to preparation, presentation, etc. Calling it a separate style is just thinly-veiled pandering to people who prefer Domino's over everything else. They could have just called it "Fancy" pizza.

But since they mentioned Pizzeria Bianco (Phoenix), I'll say that it is indeed some super good pizza. :drool:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry but "Artisanal" is not a style of pizza. Any style of pizza can be prepared in an artisanal way. To me, "artisanal" just means a step up in care for every aspect, from ingredients, to preparation, presentation, etc. Calling it a separate style is just thinly-veiled pandering to people who prefer Domino's over everything else. They could have just called it "Fancy" pizza.

But since they mentioned Pizzeria Bianco (Phoenix), I'll say that it is indeed some super good pizza. :drool:

Only a thing because most Americans only know pizza as shit from Papa John's or Dominos.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Only a thing because most Americans only know pizza as shit from Papa John's or Dominos.
I never regret the Dominos deals I get with my Spectrum bill. My brothers kids love Dominos. I use this to gain favor and cooperation. Limited success so far sadly. The dogs on board however.