Quantcast

PJ Harvey

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
She rocks. Any fans here? Anyone ever see here live? I get the same vibe from her that I get from Iggy Pop. I think she would be a killer show and wish she would come around here. Not likely to happen but I can wish......jdcamb

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
she's playing dublin a week after i leave, dammit.

never have seen her...she didn't play the Too Pure night @ TTs about 12 years back for some reason...oh well, i got to see moonshake, th' faith healers and stereolab anyway.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
narlus said:
she's playing dublin a week after i leave, dammit.

never have seen her...she didn't play the Too Pure night @ TTs about 12 years back for some reason...oh well, i got to see moonshake, th' faith healers and stereolab anyway.
Sorry dude. When your back in Boston you'll probably get a chance to see her. Hopefully. Man TT's rocked back then. Saw Gang Green play there and just tear the house down. Treat Her Right when Van Morrison popped up on stage..... Do you remember Think Tree and the Messenger riots? Goddamn I miss living in Central Sq. The Middle East, The Plough and Stars, Bobs Beef and Brew $3 pitchers of OM. God I killed a lot of Brain cells back then :D Glory days man.....jdcamb

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i did check the too pure site (couldn't remember th' faith healers for some reason), and did notice that electrelane is playing the 2nd of sept at the middle east. woot! v. good all-chick space rock band, if you like that sort of thing.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what's yr fave PJ song?

"the whores hustle, and the hustlers whore" is mine.

"dry" is a great song too. i actually don't have _to bring you my love_; gotta get that.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Big PJ fan here. Been into her since the release of "Dry".

I've seen her live several times. Don't miss her. Travel far if you have to. You won't be disappointed. Review I did of the show she played the last time through: click here

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
narlus said:
what's yr fave PJ song?

"the whores hustle, and the hustlers whore" is mine.

"dry" is a great song too. i actually don't have _to bring you my love_; gotta get that.
The new single "The Letter" is awesome. Totally digging on it as far as new stuff. Can't find her new record in the stores here yet. Basically anything off "Rid of Me" as it is a masterpiece IMO. Mansized Sextet and Mansized just slays me. Just amazing power and emotion. "Rid of Me" is cool too. They were playing her live version of "Satisfaction" with Bjork here for a while last year. Tried to find that recording and failed. I guess it was off the "Peal Sessions" or something. Next time I am in Toronto I will have to remember to pick up some PJ. Not to familiar with her first record. I just gotta pull the trigger and pick up everything she has done. My ex has all my old CD's and now I gotta buy everything all over again :( ......jdcamb