Quantcast

Place to get Jerseys printed?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I need to find a place to get nice jerseys printed in a FR/DH cut. If they will do it by the Jersey, great, if not, The minimum needs to be 10, because the maximum I will need to get done is 10.

Any ideas? We Sagoi seems to be no help........

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
PM Full Trucker. I can't remember the name of the place that he recommended to me, but I remember that they do small quantities.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Verge in NY is good, and hot shoppe in socal is the standard. Verge is a little bit less expensive.

I have used both, and prefer the material in the stuff from hot shoppe. They will do orders as small as 6.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Transcend said:
Verge in NY is good, and hot shoppe in socal is the standard. Verge is a little bit less expensive.

I have used both, and prefer the material in the stuff from hot shoppe. They will do orders as small as 6.
Hot Shoppe is the one I was thinking of. When I did the RM Verge order last year, they had a minimum qty requirement of 25.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BikeGeek said:
Hot Shoppe is the one I was thinking of. When I did the RM Verge order last year, they had a minimum qty requirement of 25.
Ya the verge minimum was huge. When i ordered form them I was getting 50 pieces, so it wasn't a huge deal. Our rep was also a teammates ex roomate (coincidentally) so we got a SICK deal.

Hot Shoppe did our stuff last year, they were super nice. Sizing samples, color swatches etc. They only issue with them was they are a pain to get info out of. It's like hacking the gibson to know when the due date is. Of course, the delivered a day before it was due so....

Be prepared to pay at Hot Shoppe. For an order of 6 dh jerseys, you'll be looking at about $65-100 each depending on color count.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
You can Also check Custom Sports Gear. They have made jerseys for us and small orders are welcome. Quality has been great so far.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BigMike said:
I need around 10, and they are 3 color.
Sugoi said their minimum is 36 @ $80 :eek:
Any of the big guys (garneau, sugoi etc) will have minimums like this. They don't specialize in short run, custom stuff like hot shoppe and many others do.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Anyone know of anybody who will do one or two custom DH jerseys? Stupid question, I know...Perhaps I should just get an XXL XC jersey from my team.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
From the Hotshoppe Website:
Select from our many different styles (BMX / MTB / Jackets etc.). Customize your order with options available in each style. The minimum order is (25). You can combine different style tops or different style bottoms to meet the minimum order. A minimum quantity of (6) is required in each different style, but not limited to one specific size.
So is the minimum order 25 or 6?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BigMike said:
So is the minimum order 25 or 6?
Both. Verge is the same way. When I did the RM order, the minimum order for jerseys was 25. That 25 could include XC or DH jerseys as long as there was at least 6 being ordered of each. So, I could order 6 DH and 19 XC to get my 25. If I had ordered 5 DH and 20 XC, they wouldn't do it. For whatever reason 6 was the magic #. Same applied to different cuts within the same style. For example, a majority of people ordered "club cut" XC jerseys, but a handful wanted "racer cut." I had to order at least 6 racer cuts to get Verge to do them.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I just talked to Hot Shoppe about 2 weeks ago about minimums and such. Dave at Hot Shoppe (super nice guy, really great to work with) said they have a new digital process that they've been using for the über short run stuff, and they can now do as little as ONE jersey of that's what you need. Also a bonus with the digital stuff is the front and back graphics can be different, and since it's all CMYK based there's no limit on the number of colors.

That being said, their standard dye sublimation process is probably better quality printing, plus you can spec solid colors and they'll be more vibrant, etc. like printing spot color vrs. 4-color process in the regular print world. I do think that Hot Shoppe will go as low as 6 or so with their regular process, just give Dave a call and see what he can do. Be warned though: the website pricing structure is from 2004 and prices have gone up with Hot Shoppe. They are still very very reasonable, especially considering the quality is TOP NOTCH!

Also of note is a company called Animal Paintball (http://www.animalpaintball.com/) they seemed alright and priced about the same as Hot Shoppe. The team I did the jerseys for was going to use them, but when we got quotes from Hot Shoppe that were the same I talked them into Hot Shoppe because I knew what to expect since I've worked with them so many times in the past.

Hope that helps!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Full Trucker said:
I just talked to Hot Shoppe about 2 weeks ago about minimums and such. Dave at Hot Shoppe (super nice guy, really great to work with) said they have a new digital process that they've been using for the über short run stuff, and they can now do as little as ONE jersey of that's what you need. Also a bonus with the digital stuff is the front and back graphics can be different, and since it's all CMYK based there's no limit on the number of colors.

That being said, their standard dye sublimation process is probably better quality printing, plus you can spec solid colors and they'll be more vibrant, etc. like printing spot color vrs. 4-color process in the regular print world. I do think that Hot Shoppe will go as low as 6 or so with their regular process, just give Dave a call and see what he can do. Be warned though: the website pricing structure is from 2004 and prices have gone up with Hot Shoppe. They are still very very reasonable, especially considering the quality is TOP NOTCH!

Hope that helps!
They may be talking about direct digital printing. This is literally a giant inkjet printer for garments that uses specialized inks. The color and accuracy is AMAZING on those, and it's very vibrant. (think inkjet color photo). It may rival sublimation in some cases.

Edit: one of these:

That said, I really like the quality of Voler jerseys:

http://www.voler.com/products.aspx?CID=5&PID=17

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bioracer uses a part digital/part regular dye sub process. It allowed them to do different names on each jersey.

Hot Shoppe minimum is indeed 6, but I think you need to call and ask.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wow, I want one of those printers!

Thanks for all the help guys, I gotta get these things printed soon, first race is May 13th :dancing:

I emailed Sagoi because they did the XC outfits, so i'm hoping maybe they will cut me a break. if not, I'll call up to Hot Shoppe :thumb:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BigMike said:
Wow, I want one of those printers!

:

Ka effin ching is all I can say. $$$$

They blow away screen printing for very small runs, but a big screen printing press running at full blast can churn out pieces as fast as one every three seconds, so they have a way to go with the speed.

Jersey printing is a whole different animal, as they are usually dye-sub panels that are assembled after printing, and in generally small batches. (hence the ridiculous cost per piece)

Digital printing lends itself to this very well, as you can do a single piece as easily as any number. You call up the design on a screen, tweak it, load the pieces and hit print. It's like working any other desktop printer, just on a big-ass scale.

I definately want one down the road, although I still have my eyes on one of these: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: