Quantcast

places in bellingham....

Feb 25, 2004
Redmond, Wa, USA
i know i should have searched, but im to lazy....... anyways, im down like 2 hours south of bellingham, and since my sister goes to wwu, i get to stay with her for a few days and ride.... yaaaaa.

where are some places to check out relativly close to the campus (most like 30 minutes away) i have a 04 stinky so im lookign for more downhill / fr stuff. thanks!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
There is stuff if you look for it, others here can tell you about it better than I can. If you are talking about driving, not much is more than 30 mins away, unless you are takling about way out of town.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Well there is always Galbraith, 10 mins from campus. You'll hike or ride up to get to anything but its still a fun place. Hook up with someone who knows the trails or get a trail map.

If you want to shuttle there is the North Fork but thats about 30 mins away give or take, or Double Black Diamond which is about 15 mins away or so.

And there is the Snake if you really want to hike. Again just hook up with a local.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
SuperSlow said:
45min to the shore my friend
If you're lucky
Best bet is to go to the top of galbraith, there's a fr trail with a fun system that goes most of the way down, but hook up with a local if you want to find the good stuff. Snakes a blast but somewhat deadly and hard to find. North shore isn't too far, but it's kind of a day trip thing, it'll wear you out but there's some amazing stuff up there.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
you will be very dissappointed if you ride your big bike on galbraith. 5'' bike is plenty for there. Try hooking up with locals to get in on a shore trip or to ride some of the more secret trails around

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
SuperSlow said:
you will be very dissappointed if you ride your big bike on galbraith. 5'' bike is plenty for there.

Not necessarily, if you want to hike... then bomb a trail a big bike is fine and can be fun, if you want to get a ton of riding in but no hiking, smaller bike is best.

You make it what you want it to be.

And you are lucky to get to the shore in 45... border crossing, traffic, knowing exactly where to go... I'd just hit up some place here in town, easier.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I had the easiest crossing of my life several weeks ago. It was a Saturday at 8 ish in the morning when we drove right up to the booth(no line whatsoever). The Border Guard took one look at us and one look at the bikes. She says "Going to ride The Shore? Have an nice day." and boom we were at Fromme twenty minutes later.