Quantcast

places to get dell coupon codes?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So I need a new monitor, my 21" 1130 is giving up the ghost. I want to pick up the new dell 2405fpw (24" lcd).

Does anyone know decent places to get dell coupon codes? I checked fat wallet and there is nothing current there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
binary visions said:
http://www.xpbargains.com/dell_coupons/

I keep updated on Ben's Bargains every day, the 24" is going for 824.25 right now with NO coupons:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=24053YR

...I'm not sure I've ever seen it that low without coupons. You can usually pick up a $20 off coupon on eBay for $1 or $2, immediate delivery.

I may have a free one at home you can use, PM me if you decide to buy this monitor.
If i can get a decent deal, i will be buying it tonight. I cannot stand working on my lappy when I'm trying to code and have 10 windows open.

It is currently $1299 on dell canada. I am hoping to be able to get it for around $1100 + tx. Beyond that point, i may just get the 20" as I can get it for about 800cnd.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not worried about picking up a new screen right before the new generation Dell LCDs come out (with HDCP)?

I saw Sharp is coming out with their new Aquos line 26-65" doing 1080p 6ms 1200:1 with DVI and HDMI both with HDCP (if you think you'll ever be watching HD DVD/Bluray DVDs on your LCD, its required copy protection technology). That would be cool as a dual duty TV/monitor but I suppose it won't be as cheap as the new 2407FPW...

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Those monitors are really nice. Aren't they using the same panels that Apple uses?

Sorry no coupon code. But sometimes they come up over in the "Hot Deals" forum on OT.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They use updated versions of the apple panels.

Syadasti: I could care less about what's out in a month or 3 from now, I need a new monitor today and I don't particularly want to spend $1800+ on a monitor.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
FYI, I saw that Gateway 21" 16:10 LCD is going for $520 at circuitcity.com and there is a 10% off coupon you can get (I have one) and Office Depot carries it too (20% off coupons available). It has HDCP support, so you won't be screwed with newer formats (and potentially software)

Best Buy and Circuit City have these sometimes if you want to take a look. I think they use Samsung panels - so don't worry that its a "Gateway".

Very extensive thread on the 21" here. Its been reviewed a few more times elsewhere and it seems to rate better than the Dell 2005FPW.

Video mini-review: http://reviews.cnet.com/Gateway_FPD2185W/4505-3174_7-31563945.html?autoplay=true

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i usually check techbargains.net and dealcatcher.com. i'm watching for the baby brother to the monitor you want, the 2005fpw which also uses the same panel as the smaller apple display and has gotten great reviews.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dfinn said:
i usually check techbargains.net and dealcatcher.com. i'm watching for the baby brother to the monitor you want, the 2005fpw which also uses the same panel as the smaller apple display and has gotten great reviews.
Ya, I just need to go larger then that for all of the windows i usually have open. The 24" also has all sorts of component/hdmi/composite ins etc.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
the smaller one doesn't? i'm pretty sure it has at least dvi and vga, i guess that's all that I care about.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
does that mean it also has an analog cable tuner built in? that could make for a cheap TV to connect to my media center.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I have a couple of 17" HP LCD's I can let go fairly cheap if running dual monitors is an option. Sorry I can't offer coupon codes or more helpful info.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
My school gets me discounts on dell products. Thats how I got my 19" inch hi-res.

If all else fails, PM me, and we'l see what they can do...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dfinn said:
does that mean it also has an analog cable tuner built in? that could make for a cheap TV to connect to my media center.
No, it just has S-Video inputs. You still need a tuner.

You could use a VCR if you want to go cheap. Otherwise they do sell independant tuner boxes designed to plug into monitors - they're about $100-150.

Transcend, I've got my coupon code sitting next to me. Needs to be used by the end of the month and I don't need anything right now. $20 off $200+. Just let me know if you want it.

That's US money, by the way, so it's like six thousand canadian dollars off purchases of sixty-eight million or more, right?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
binary visions said:
No, it just has S-Video inputs. You still need a tuner.

You could use a VCR if you want to go cheap. Otherwise they do sell independant tuner boxes designed to plug into monitors - they're about $100-150.

Transcend, I've got my coupon code sitting next to me. Needs to be used by the end of the month and I don't need anything right now. $20 off $200+. Just let me know if you want it.

That's US money, by the way, so it's like six thousand canadian dollars off purchases of sixty-eight million or more, right?
Thanks BV, I will PM you tonight probably. Trying to dig around and see if i can find a 10% off coupon or something to stack up.

Dfinn: you need to use a cable decoder for it. I will be using my PC TV card for tv and my vcr for my xbox.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
dfinn said:
the smaller one doesn't? i'm pretty sure it has at least dvi and vga, i guess that's all that I care about.
I have the 2005FPW, it has 4 inputs - VGA, DVI, S-Video, and Composite. It also has a 4 port USB 2.0 hub.

It has PIP but only DVI + Svideo or Composite or VGA + Svideo or Composite

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just picked up the gateway today cheap. Very impressed with it so far.

DVi looks amazing, composite looks good, Svideo looks amazing, and composite is superb (albeit a tad bit dark depending on the source).

The stand is friggin awesome, easy to position and stays put. Ugly as sin, but very functional. Best stand on an LCD I have tried thus far.

The PiP feature is very cool, allows you to use any source in PiP and on desktop (VGA/DVI/Svideo/composite/component). You can easily wap between them with one button press.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Dfinn: you need to use a cable decoder for it. I will be using my PC TV card for tv and my vcr for my xbox.
didn't you get Tivo? I seem to remember having a discussion with you a while back about you giving up on your home media center and switching to Tivo.

What model gateway did you end up getting?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
it seems pretty expensive. The cheapest froogle finds it for is $600. Is there online deals to get it for less than that? I've seen the 21" Dell as low as $380 at times, but normally right around $400.

edit: just found a 2005fpw on ebay for $350

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
dfinn said:
it seems pretty expensive. The cheapest froogle finds it for is $600. Is there online deals to get it for less than that? I've seen the 21" Dell as low as $380 at times, but normally right around $400.
He's in Canadia...

I've seen the Gateway for $520 before I think plus CC has 10% coupons.

Dell doesn't make a 21", only a 20" standard or widescreen model. The Dell 20s don't have HDCP, component in, don't have comparable PIP, use an older/lower spec panel and have less advanced scaler.

I have the 2005FPW BTW...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I got it in CND dollars. Still more expensive, but including our taxes. I needed to do it legit as a tax writeoff (no driving it cross border).

For all the connnections it has, and considering it is wide screen, HDCP and an HDTV - it is a VERY good price.

Slightly less then the dell 2005 I believe, and definetly less by a few hundred bucks then the Apple cinema display. The ACD doesnt have ANY connections besides dvi, and apple has been having issues with them lately.

I have played with everything now and it looks superb. I ran ATV vs MX in glorios 1080i through the component connection on my xbox...unbelieveable.

Some 'tards in a few others forums were saying component was too dark, so dark that it was unuseable. I think these guys need a gamma adjustment to their eyes. NO lost shadow detail, although it IS darker then say the DVI connection.

The gateway name scared me at first, but I am super impressed.

Also, no tivo as of yet. Main problem is that i need to use an IR blaster with Tivo (ugh), or use a cable DVR that can't schedule more then 2 dauys in advance (wtf??). I tried building a mythbox....needless to say I gave up last night. Way too much effort and way too ridiculous a process to install. I may try MCE or something of the sort.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
had i seen this earlier, i could've set you up with a 20% Dell coupon. doh!
Most 20% off coupons only work on purchases over $1,000 - actually, most of the 20% off coupons only work on laptops or desktops over $1,000.

Do you have a special one? 'cause I might buy it from you if you do :)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I will give beyond tv a look Monday when I get home. I was about ready to blow up Mythtv that's for bloody sure. What a mega hassle to get working. I made it to compiling drivers for my happauge card (IVTV) before i decided i didn't want to blow my brains out.

I am guessing you have to buy the software to be able to use their guide services? This looks good..and windows based which will save me a TON of trouble.

Hit me up on aim fraser82 if you have a lot of experience with it. I'd be interested in discussing it.

edit: this kit looks good. Free remote before the end of the month too. http://store.snapstream.com/btv-pvr150.html