Quantcast

Places to stay at Snowshoe?

Mike Stone

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Danbury CT
I am looking for a place to stay at Snowshoe saturday night June 14. If anyone is renting an apt there for the weekend and is looking for an additional person, please e-mail me - I will pay my share.

I raced xc there last year, Snowshoe is in neverneverland, there is one gas station at the bottom of the mountain, the next nearest gas station on the way to I-81 is about 40 miles away. I don't recall there being much in the way of cheap motels nearby, and it is better to stay at the mountain because of all the activities and races.

Last year we had a group of about ten who rented an apt at the resort, but none of my buddies are going this year. It was great weather last year and everyone had a good time, but among other things, I think the economy is making people pull back this year. I will be driving down from CT and racing Mens XC Sport.

m.stone@ix.netcom.com

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Got this from Snowshoe:

You can find out about camping for NORBA by calling our reservation dept @ 877.441-4386.not alot to offer for the campers.
Ronda

I camped for the 24 hours of Snowshoe. The campsites were all at the bottom of one of the slopes. They had porta-pots nearby, and two outdoor cold-water showers at the top of the mountain, but fresh water for drinking/cooking had to be brought with you. All in all it wasn't too bad, but we were only there for 2 nights.