Quantcast

Plainfield...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
For those of you not in the Midwest, Plainfield, IL. built a super fun little bike park that is all dirt based. Jumps, pumptracks, etc. They had their grand opening this past weekend so the wife and I went down to check it out.

I do apologize that this little video is just of me. By the time I got around to filming my battery was gone, but it should give you an idea of the layout.

Also got a chance to meet some new Monkeys, always good to put names with faces.

Anyway, enjoy.
http://vimeo.com/1902010?pg=transcoded_embed&sec=1902010

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Any idea how far that is from Chicago? Looks like its about an hour s/w. I live in Missouri, but have family in the suburbs. Might be worth a day trip next time I'm up there.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
that place does look sick. its a shame i dont live there anymore.coming back this weekend, might have to pack the hardtail up. and yeah its about 45min to an hour SW of the city.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
On a map its about due west of the city. 30-45 min sounds about right. It was a bit over two hours for us to come down from southern Sconie. Definitely worth the trip. The jumps are tall and short, kinda like spines. You can coast through them very easily, pedaling sends you to flat as I learned my first few runs. On the hip line, the last hip I was tricking over was amazing, I could have ridden that thing all day.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Hey man, cool meeting you. Glad you took the time to travel down and enjoy the park. I was going to invite you to come and grill with the CFR guys, but you were to busy tearin it up.

Did you end up winning anything?

Here's a link to the park: http://www.plainfieldbikepark.com/

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, ya, I got an FBM "Stay Fat" shirt (rip off of the "stay Fit" shirt from Fit). Its pretty rad!

Keep me up on rides and whatever, I will definitely make the trip back down.