Quantcast

Planet X Jack Flash

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I need some opinions. I'm currently riding a 16.5" 2002 Azonic DS-1 frame, and I want to upgrade to a Planet X Jack Flash. My question is: should I get the Jack Flash with a 21" or 22" top tube? (My Azonic has a 21.6" top tube.) I use the bike for pretty much everything, which includes downhill, street, trail riding, and dirt jumping, and I plan on using a 10 degree, 70mm stem with a 5-inch travel fork and 1.5" riser bars. Ultimately, I want the new frame to feel as similiar to my Azonic as possible. Thanks.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I forgot to mention that I'm about 6 feet tall and want a bike that'll be quick-handling, but also stable at speed and in technical sections. I could even get a 23" top tube if I need it.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I love mine its so manueverable(sp?). The Bike has a 22.5 in top tube. It is super nimble, due to the 16" chainstays. It is PERFECT for dirt jumping and urban stuff. however for trail riding its kind of a pain b/c of the rediculously high bb and short chainstays. Im 5'11" and it is a small bike for me(11" seat tube), but its designed that way.

Heres a pic of mine.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
well, if you're 6ft....you might want the 22 then. i'm 5'11" i had the 22" but i also had a 75mm stem on it. i think it would have been perfect if i had a 50mm stem.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
where u gettin the frame from and which frame...if u want the RAD frame get the 22 with the short chainstays and dont run anything longer than a 100 mm fork otherwise ur BB goes insanely high.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Hey, are you friends with Ryan Condrashoff/Dominguez? Cuz I work with him at Performance, and he'd be the guy to hook me up with the Planet X Jack Flash RAD. And what exactly is the problem w/ running a 5 inch fork?

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
I personally wouldn't run more than a 100mm fork on any rigid frame as the too high bb slack head angle and high bars make them ride badly. Some people are able to able to ride with 130+mm forks.

I have a new jack flash (all these different jack flash frames is confuising) and with 130mm fork the bb is way too high for me. If you have the seat at a height that is resonable to pedal you can't comfotably reach the floor with your feet. If you never ride on the seat and don't mind the high handlebars and slacker head angle it won't be so much of a problem.

Some people like it with 130mm forks, it's a personal preference type thing.

Aug 14, 2002
oregOn
The New Jack FLash frame is sick, Ive had one sic January, and i love it. A 100mm Fork would be all you need, I ran a 125mm fork and it was also fine, but in small... so i dotn have the problem with a high bb. Ive seen some pics of the new Marazochi Street fork, which looks extremly awsome.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=109106

i saw another pic somehwere that showed the fork better. I wonder how it would be for DJing and stuff