Quantcast

Planning a Mount Snow trip...

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I'm planning a trip to Mount Snow in the late summer this year. I've been there before but it was almost 15 years ago.

I'm trying to decide where to stay (four nights). I was thinking of doing it in style and staying at the main Lodge, but obviously it's the most expensive way to get a bed.

Can anyone recommend a good place that's close, but also preferably close to a good pub/bar etc. Am I just better off staying at the mountain?

BLH2

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
try staying in Wilmington there are many hotels and bed&breakfasts, not to mention some good bars. You also than have close access to the Harriman reservoir which is good to fish hike etc. Mt snow is only about 5miles away.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
try staying in Wilmington there are many hotels and bed&breakfasts, not to mention some good bars. You also than have close access to the Harriman reservoir which is good to fish hike etc. Mt snow is only about 5miles away.
While I enjoy fishing and hiking, this is strictly a biking trip, but thanks for the advice. I'll check out Wilmington.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
If you're just going up there to bike, I'd strongly recommend going to another mountain all together. Mount Snow is well known due to hosting NORBA's there for a zillion years, but their bike park is definitely one of the worst in the northeast.

If I were you, I'd look into Killington (which used to suck but has gotten TONS better in the last couple of years), Jimminy Peak (very underrated), or Whiteface, NY (gigantic mountain with big burly trails). If you can swing it, Bromont up in Quebec is only a little farther, and it's a fair bit better than all those places (and night-and-day better than Mount Snow).

Hope this info helps,

John

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
If you're just going up there to bike, I'd strongly recommend going to another mountain all together. Mount Snow is well known due to hosting NORBA's there for a zillion years, but their bike park is definitely one of the worst in the northeast.

If I were you, I'd look into Killington (which used to suck but has gotten TONS better in the last couple of years), Jimminy Peak (very underrated), or Whiteface, NY (gigantic mountain with big burly trails). If you can swing it, Bromont up in Quebec is only a little farther, and it's a fair bit better than all those places (and night-and-day better than Mount Snow).

Hope this info helps,

John
I've been to Mt. Snow before (years ago) and am going back there. thanks for the info though.