Quantcast

Planning a trip to Arizona after Christmas; where to ride???

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
Hi folks. My dad and I are going to fly to Phoenix a few days after Christmas to get out of the cold for a few days. We are probably just going to rent bikes rather than transport ours (perhaps cheaper to rent bikes). We've ridden in Phoenix (South Mountain) and in Tuscon at various locations.

We aren't resigned to staying in the Phoenix/Tuscon area; we don't have hotel reservations yet. I was wondering if there are some other locations we should check out? I've seen lots of pics of Moab-esque terrain, but I assume that's closer to Sedona (which may or may not be warm/dry enough to ride at that time of the year.

Overall, I had a great time riding the National Trail in Phoenix and the 50-Year Trail system in Tuscon, but if there are other spots to check out, your guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!

I enjoy ultra-technical DH terrain but good old-fashioned trail riding would be fine as well. My dad can handle anything as well (ex motocrosser), though he is getting rather old...:)

siege

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
kapolei, Hi
Wow, nobody here has been to Arizona? You guys should get out more. I guess I'll go to Mtbr.com...
Sedona will probably be quite cold during that timeframe. I am also gonna be up in that area after christmas. I am not super familiar with the trail systems in that area but I will ask around and let you know.
Cheers