Quantcast

Planning a winter trip: SoCal & Arizona

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Like the title says, planning a trip for January or February.

What are the greatest trails around SoCal (San Diego to SF) and Arizona.

Singletracks prefered! :drool:

Suggestions... Let me have it!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
In the San Diego area you should definately ride noble canyon, there might be a little snow at the top but nothing unrideable. If you post in the So Cal forum you'll find a bunch of guys willing to ride with you on any given day.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Umm... Santa Barbara has anything you'd like to ride. XC, DH, whateva. I'll gladly act as tourguide as well ;)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Zark said:
Umm... Santa Barbara has anything you'd like to ride. XC, DH, whateva. I'll gladly act as tourguide as well ;)
Jozz, definately take Noah up on his offer as a tour guide, he rocks :thumb:

If you need a place to stay in SD let me know, I'm sure we could find some places for you to ride. :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jozz, I will also be riding in CA and Arizona in Feb. We will be doing a race in AZ but the rest of the riding will be for fun. I've heard Zark is a great tourguide, also we will be using the tourguide services of ghostrider and T-Dog. It would be cool if we got some west coast riding in :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Echo, where in CA? Hey Noah, I'm pondering a SB trip in Feb or March, Tunnel & Jesusita has been calling my name. I haven't been there in almost 2 years. Plus I need my Brophy Bros. fix:drool:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Echo, we'll have to do some riding when you're in CA. It's always good to put a real face with a huge green smiley face ;)

Brian, your always welcome to cruise down for some singletrack

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
The L.A area is good too...Plenty of everything around here. Locally we have the Hollywood Hills (not only celebs live there, but great riding too) We have the Santa Monica mountains, which include all the Malibu riding...The out towards eastern L.A area, there's San Gabriel Mountains, Big Bear is near.

Plenny good stuff! :thumb:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Zark said:
Yes it does and lots of nice people to ride it with you. If your looking for trails I too would be happy to show you around in SB and then go eat Mexican afterwards.

Also if you happen to be in SF or Santa Cruz in January I'll be up there for school, the demo forest is prime singletrack and there is some great stuff off of the road along the top of the Santa Cruz mountains(it's pretty much all ST with a bit of fire road). Let me know when you are in the area and what type of riding you are looking for.

Ryan

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Echo said:
Jozz, I will also be riding in CA and Arizona in Feb. We will be doing a race in AZ but the rest of the riding will be for fun. I've heard Zark is a great tourguide, also we will be using the tourguide services of ghostrider and T-Dog. It would be cool if we got some west coast riding in :thumb:
That would be great!

We were planning for late january but nothing is sure since Karine is in job transition.. but we sure like to make it down there this winter.

What about the Sedona area, and/or Bootleg Canyon... any good XC singletrack riding there?

We will make sure to make our plans known so we can meet a bunch of new Monkeys! :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Jozz said:
That would be great!

We were planning for late january but nothing is sure since Karine is in job transition.. but we sure like to make it down there this winter.

What about the Sedona area, and/or Bootleg Canyon... any good XC singletrack riding there?

We will make sure to make our plans known so we can meet a bunch of new Monkeys! :thumb:
Cool man, I hope it works out! The only riding I've done in Bootleg was DH, so I don't know about XC riding there. I would guess that it's there and it's sweet. Mtbkngrl and Gee Spot have been to Sedona and according to them, it's the shizzle. I'd love to go there, we'll have to see if there's enough time :thumb:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Jozz said:
Sedona has awesome singletrack, stop by Sedona Bike and Bean and get oriented on their 3D model of the area, its pretty cool. There is slickrock, flowy singletrack, drop offs, lots of good stuff to ride:thumb:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Brian HCM#1 said:
Echo, where in CA? Hey Noah, I'm pondering a SB trip in Feb or March, Tunnel & Jesusita has been calling my name. I haven't been there in almost 2 years. Plus I need my Brophy Bros. fix:drool:
Lemme know when you plan on going.
Maybe I'll meet you up there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
narlus said:
jan and feb will be a bit chilly in sedona, probably. any chance you get head further south, like to phx or tucson?
If its not snow chilly we don't mind... as long as we have miles and miles of singletrack not covered by two feet of snow we're happy campers! :cool: