Quantcast

Planning Trip to Snowshoe

VolcanicOne

Chimp
Dec 1, 2007
Hi,
I finally convinced my wife that we need to take a family vacation to Snowshoe next summer so I can mountain bike. Having never been there before, is this enough bike to get it done? I have an 06 Kona Coiler that's pretty stock other than Azonic Outlaw wheels, a Zoke 66RC2 ETA and FSA Pig DH Pro headset and also 2.35 Kenda Nevegals. I may have a new crankset and external BB before summer gets here. I like to think I'm a pretty good rider and can handle most freeride obstacles and stunts. I'm not Bender, though. I have a FF helmet, body armor, knee/shin and elbow/forearm guards. Is there any other equipment I should have or anything else important I should know beforehand? I know, I'm leaving myself wide open with that one. Anyhow, I can't wait! It's gonna rock!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That's a good bike for the 'shoe. I'd bump the tires up to 2.5" if they'll fit and run dh innertubes. They grow rocks good up there. You will also want to have spares for your ride, derailleur, derailleur hanger, brake pads, tubes etc.

Post again before you go up. Us irregulars will be glad to show you around.

Mike

VolcanicOne

Chimp
Dec 1, 2007
Sweet! Thanks for the advice! I'm a UBI certified bike mechanic so I tend to bring everything but the kitchen sink, tools and parts wise any time I ride. I don't have an extra derailleur or hanger yet, so I'll definitely be picking those up. Like most people, I don't get to ride nearly as much as I'd like to, so I like to be prepared to fix whatever needs fixin' and motor on as opposed to having to quit and go home. I'll probably be there the week after 4th of July. I was trying to stay away from any race weekends that would be super busy. Can't wait! Thanks for the info! Anybody else?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Money for drinks at the Village.

Don't listen to SK6, he'll tell you Village......Bad.

I say Village.....GOOD!
I would like to, at this time give the credit for this phrase, all of its inclusive rights, and associated privileges to the man who coined it in the first place, "The Captain".

However, with all that being said.....VILLAGE BAD!

:D