Quantcast

Planning vacations sucks sometimes.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I decided to take my GF's family to an island off of Portland Maine this summer.

There are 2 houses I'm interested in renting and I have leads on 2 other but cordinating 9 people scheduels and when the houses are open is a f'ing pain!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
plan it like monkeyfest has been planned the last couple of years. Book a house waaaay in advance, tell people that the vacation is planned for such and such a date. If they can't make it, the hell with them. You make time for what's important in life... if it's important to them, they'll make time to go.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've planned a few western bike trips, and usually i just tell people when the place is booked for and where to show up. getting the rental van and house is a big enough pain in the arse.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
plan it like monkeyfest has been planned the last couple of years. Book a house waaaay in advance, tell people that the vacation is planned for such and such a date. If they can't make it, the hell with them. You make time for what's important in life... if it's important to them, they'll make time to go.
Yeah well thats all well and good but people need to put in for vacation now and Aubrey will be attending school this summer so I need dodge some things. Doesn't make it easy. That combined with that fact that I want a house in a good location.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
stosh said:
Who even said I was going and what the f' are you doing back? :)
Been lurking a lot... but couldn't pass the oportunity to bag on you! :)

Jackson was right though, plan it the best you can, and people who cares will show up... the hell with the rest of them! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jozz said:
Been lurking a lot... but couldn't pass the oportunity to bag on you! :)

Jackson was right though, plan it the best you can, and people who cares will show up... the hell with the rest of them! :thumb:
Yeah I'm doing what I can but this trip isn't so much for me as it is for my GF's parents. If we didnt' do it they would never get out of their house.

how was your trip BTW?

You've been missed!!!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
narlus said:
i've planned a few western bike trips, and usually i just tell people when the place is booked for and where to show up. getting the rental van and house is a big enough pain in the arse.
Plus WHEN he collects money for the deposits on the rentals, which you should do asap, everyone will be forced to go or forfeit their money. Problem solved.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
stosh said:
how was your trip BTW?
Trip was postponed more than once.

We're thinking mid april to mid may now. Got a new vehicule to get us around... :sneaky:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Jozz said:
Trip was postponed more than once.

We're thinking mid april to mid may now. Got a new vehicule to get us around... :sneaky:
Never found your westy huh?