Quantcast

plattekill 4x

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
HI,

does anyone here know how smooth the course is at plattekill for 4x and also if it is able to be done on a hardtail. Also is mt. snow still offereing dual slalom races and how often?

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
tmoney727t said:
HI,

does anyone here know how smooth the course is at plattekill for 4x and also if it is able to be done on a hardtail. Also is mt. snow still offereing dual slalom races and how often?
from what i have read it is not a true 4x course and it has a moderately sized huck to decent tranny in it. it could probably be done with a hardtail but i would stick with a dh bike or some f/s mountaincross bike.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Its definately doable on a hardtail, one of my friends rode it on his Azonic DS-1 w/ 3" DJ3. He would also race downhill on that bike. Pretty much everything is "doable" on a hardtail, but in this case I would advise against it. A short travel mtx bike would be best. I wasn't there for the 4x race they had (if it even happened), but I really doubt they included the big jump and just did the go around. I did the DH race where the lower part of the 4x course was included and the jump isn't that big a deal but I wouldn't want a guy next to me as I went off it.

tmoney727t

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Madison, CT
damn, I can only keep one frame, I have a Giant AC1 and an Azonic DS1. I think a giant is good for p-kill but I wanna do some open cruiser class racing at BMX tracks. Also does anyone know if a manitou 4-way swinger is too heavy for 4x racing. and at plattekill would it be preferable to throw a air shock or a Ti spring on my AC

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
tmoney727t said:
HI,

not smooth at all, you could do it on a hardtail but i wouldnt recommend it. As far as i know Mt snow only does dual slalom for the NORBA Nationals