Quantcast

Plattekill "biggest drop ever hands down"

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Nolan and I rode all weekend, and decided to stay to monday and ride some more. I figured I would get some video from the day , but after this I just put my cam away for the day:rofl:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
So they're not using stoned/drunk 16 year old juvenile delinquents as lift operators anymore?

And a buddy of mine did some camera work out of a helicopter over Platty one time and said that the wind currents coming up/over that mountain were insane. Horrible crosswinds and wind coming up/over were pushing the copter down when they tried to get too close... That lift operator is insane.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crazy guy was working the lift Saturday with a shaky start getting the bike on the lift.

Yes, still using the stoners. Now they have just added a flying Indian stoner.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Classic liftie lines:

(on race day from on top) "Maaan, those bike just keep COMING! Whew!"

and

(day 2 of liftie job, wrists taped, shaking like a fiend): "Send me up a breakfast sandwich and a monster energy STAT!"

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
did he jump out of the tree??
He crashed about 300' into the trees at the end of the camping lot just past the stream and about 40' up a tree. By the time we got down there he was climbing down the same tree he crashed into. But let me say one thing about Paul he is a great guy that is very courteous to all the riders ,I'm just glad he was not hurt.