Quantcast

Plattekill DH Race#3 Info and Helmet Cam of the Course

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Willem and I will be arriving tomorrow night. Kevin I think you should go get your balls out of the wifes purse and come ride bikes this weekend.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Kevin I think you should go get your balls out of the wifes purse and come ride bikes this weekend.
Sorry Cunter, Cant make it this weekend. I have to work for the man and make big $$$ this weekend. I decided making a couple grand in 2 days is better than going to platty. Barrack Obama's free handout to mooches is going to earn me some money the good old fashioned way.
I will be at the face a few times in August. Bring your bitch, I mean willem up there.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
nice to have a dry race on another great course. platty should keep up the ski slope work. some ski slope off the top like that would be cool.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Any photos of the North Carolina boys and delta guys hitting the new wooden step down on the triple side:confused: I heard it was sick:thumb:..Sorry I missed this past weekend, almost crashed my truck getting that bridge installed last weekend

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I had an awesome time. Crashed in the last turn of my ds race Saturday, but managed a 2nd place in dh on Sunday. I'm dissapointed in myself for not having gone to platty last year. Definitely will be doing it more often.
I love platty, what other mountain can you drink on the lift, and no one cares?

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Any photos of the North Carolina boys and delta guys hitting the new wooden step down on the triple side:confused: I heard it was sick:thumb:..

Mad props to those who built it!!! The ramp is purrrrfect. Will be pulled back to lengthen the gap as it is easy to overshoot the tranny. I thought Hulse was a dead man!:eek:

Such a great race course! Had a blast all weekend. Too bad I fold like the French during DH/DS race runs.:mad: Wonder how I'll do on 38lbs of race- bred, east coast Canadian steel/alum???? Only time will tell.:rolleyes:

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Mad props to those who built it!!! The ramp is purrrrfect. Will be pulled back to lengthen the gap as it is easy to overshoot the tranny. I thought Hulse was a dead man!:eek:

Such a great race course! Had a blast all weekend. Too bad I fold like the French during DH/DS race runs.:mad: Wonder how I'll do on 38lbs of race- bred, east coast Canadian steel/alum???? Only time will tell.:rolleyes:
You getting that bike that only comes in white?
Getting tired of the old foes?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Ronnie and I seemed to do fine w/ 40+lbs of DH bike

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
you calling me a rebel? i aint from NC but i hit the step down, i am from NY son! Ben Hulse was the only NC boy to hit the step down and he freaking killed it, that boy has style and threw down to get 2nd in pro. I had an ok run for once and won expert 19-29.

I had a really fun weekend, stayed and partied at the Delta House! those guys are animals! helped Hudson do course work friday and saturday. good freaking times. see you all at the next one!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Nice job PJ !!!!! and thanks for the help with the course.

I heard the everyone was stoked on the course and the weather was perfect, wish I was there instead of getting Warner so hammered he had trouble announcing the MSA WC finals. Nursing a 4 day hangover and on the way up to Bromont today, to start all over again.....GOOD TIMES !!!

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Ronnie and I seemed to do fine w/ 40+lbs of DH bike
HMMM.....an ex-pro and a CAT1 sandbagging the CAT2 dual........
Excess weight had nothing to do with me getting last in the PRO/EX dual. I just have to learn how to ride my best in a race run instead of trying to win practice.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
You getting that bike that only comes in white?
Getting tired of the old foes?
black and silver. i love my foes. its a great "comfort" bike, right Senior? i will rebuild it with ti springs and lighter wheels and continue to kill it during freeride sessions.

did anyone at Platty DH#3 see those two guys from Bromont on flourescent green Foes'? it was their first time at platty so i showed them around the best i could after the race on sunday. turns out one of them is the canadian foes rep. i got his card and he is looking for ti springs for me. kewl.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
HMMM.....an ex-pro and a CAT1 sandbagging the CAT2 dual........
Excess weight had nothing to do with me getting last in the PRO/EX dual. I just have to learn how to ride my best in a race run instead of trying to win practice.
whos the ex pro?? it certainly aint Ronnie

did anyone at Platty DH#3 see those two guys from Bromont on flourescent green Foes'? it was their first time at platty so i showed them around the best i could after the race on sunday. turns out one of them is the canadian foes rep. i got his card and he is looking for ti springs for me. kewl.
i didnt see them there. it must have been after i left w/ my tail b/w my legs.
were they on a DHS or RS7?

i still got those bearings to give you. im going to try and ride/race Blue Mountain this weekend, but ill be at Diablow the following weekend

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
whos the ex pro?? it certainly aint Ronnie
i didnt see them there. it must have been after i left w/ my tail b/w my legs.
were they on a DHS or RS7?

Oh I thought he raced Pro DH. One guy had a Mono like mine. the other a 2:1Mono like yours. They didn't have anything nice to say about the RS-7. Is your boo-boo OK? Does it bleed once a month?:rofl:

The Xprezo is coming! The Xprezo is coming!:weee:

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Their bikes next to mine

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
you can tell thats ulmers mountain.
was he the lead rider in the helmet cam vid?

whoever that was looked like he knows the course cold, grabbing speed in all sorts of places. very cool to watch.

makes me wish I lived back there, I would love to race on that course.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh I thought he raced Pro DH. One guy had a Mono like mine. the other a 2:1Mono like yours. They didn't have anything nice to say about the RS-7. Is your boo-boo OK? Does it bleed once a month?:rofl:

The Xprezo is coming! The Xprezo is coming!:weee:
the only thing Ronnie is a pro at is talking.

and they are canadian. what do they know about bikes??

the booboo is okay. still looks nasty